Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lumpy Ender (pics added)

I'm not sure if you all remember the lump thing going on with Ender. Eric was AMAZED at how big they had gotten when I took Ender back to DC this past weekend. He got into http://www.friendshiphospital.com/ this afternoon and the staff said they have "no clue" what the lumps are and they are "weird." They did a needle thingy and found white blood cells and other cells that usually fight bacteria, but they can't find any bacteria.

So on Thursday, Ender Bender will have surgery to remove the lumps fully and get them biopsy to figure out wtf they are.

$1500 surgery. Yay for insurance!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Hope everything turns out o.k for mister head tilter! I'll be sending lots of good thoughts his way!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I was just thinking about that the other day, but since I did not see anymore about it I thought they had gone away. Good thing for insurance. Good thoughts for Ender

·
Registered
231 Posts
I heart Ender. I hope he's okay!

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The vet wasn't too concerned... Eric decided (and I agree) to have the surgery to know "for sure" what is going on.

Ender hasn't displayed any other symptoms although he has lost weight. I am wondering now if that was me feeding him better and exercising him more or a symptom of whatever these lumps are.

Oh well... we find out tomorrow for sure!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Sending good thoughts for Ender. Yay for insurance!

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Added pics... Eric is much better at getting the right lighting so you can actually see them.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah... I find it kind of interesting that a vet can say in one breath that they honestly don't have a clue what the lumps are and in the next say that he doesn't NEED them removed. Umm... excuse me... how do you know?

(I know I know... they aren't seeing him affected in other ways so it's likely that the lumps aren't doing anything bad to him so they are making a good guess that they aren't super bad and needing to come out... but I think... if you don't know what it is... then you don't know whether they can stay in with no effect)

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Good thoughts. Taffy has a bunch that look like those too. Our vet says she can keep them - they are common fatty cysts. Hope Ender-bender is ok!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts