Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been at my company for 8 years in sales. I have achieved all I can achieve. I am always in the top 5 of the sales reps. I'm just bored. I think it might be time to move out if I can't go up. Our company was just bought out and I don't think it's the best time to be looking to go up. It is still uncertain what is going to happen. I am pretty secure in my position but I just don't know what to do. I live in Michigan and the economy and jobs are not great. I don't want a sales job where I have to travel. 3 weeks a month on the road is not an option. I have been offered to do that in the past but I like being home. The increase in income isn't an issue since we are comfortable. Any suggestions? Maybe I am just complaining. I am thankful to have a great job and make the money I do. I'm just bored. I am the one that people come to with their questions. I can't take a pay cut to change departments.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I have no advice.There is plenty of room for one more in the rut I'm in.

BTW, What do you sell?

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I sell online databases to colleges and public libraries. They are databases of general reference, newspapers, history, science and lots more. I started in K12 and now I work in academic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts