Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... I had a FABULOUS time in San Diego.

What an amazingly beautiful place to visit... it was kind of a bit more overcast than I would have liked, but that probably saved me from getting burnt badly (got a slight sun burn but really not that bad considering). I'll have to post pictures later as I didn't have time to upload them all before coming to work.

Anyways... I can't say it's great to be back home... while I love my apartment and Milwaukee at least isn't too cold right now... I really didn't want to leave San Diego... the trip was way too short.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
Welcome back! San Diego is a great city. So what all did you do? I mean, tourist attraction-wise. :p

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
welcome back, can't wait to hear about the trip and see pictures. We have friends who live in Pacific Beach and we spent a week out there November 05.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What did we do...

Seaport Village
Balboa Park-didn't do any museums though (my choice) just walked around
San Diego Zoo-impressive, not quite as fabulous as I was expecting (Milwaukee has a really nice zoo... I think on par with SD)... but favorite part was the polar bear (he was quite active and playful)
Poway (town Thuy lives in) Lake with Pugo-I missed my water dog ;) (Pugo would not set foot in the water)

Thuy's house has a huge pool with hot tub... spent some time in there... also just hung out and watched movies. It was more of a relaxing trip than a heavy tourist one.

Mom is doing well.. she's starting to drive more (thank gawd some independence) and asked me "so when are you moving to san diego?" ::)

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Glad to hear you had a good time, and got back safely, and mom is doing well. I was thinking about you Sunday hoping life was good.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thuy is coming to Milwaukee to visit me in my itty bitty apartment that is about the size of his living room sometime in July... not sure exactly when yet :)

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Trickster said:
Having spent time with one, is there a Pug in your future? ;)
While I LOVE Pugo and he and I had a great time... I'm not sure if I'm sold on pugs quite yet...

When we went to the lake, I missed my swimming fool water dog. ;)

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
When we went to the lake, I missed my swimming fool water dog.
Can't beat a Lab in this department. ;)

I don't even know if Pug's are supposed to swim...considering their short faces I would think it would be kinda dangerous for them.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts