Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... well... let's see...

Had a FABULOUS time in vegas... did not take as many pictures as I wanted cause just too busy having fun... I'll try to post them a bit later.

Mom in the hospital... honestly it's just one thing after another and she's gonna be in there for a while. The mitral valve that Mayo repaired is leaking a moderate to severe amount... which is pretty bad seeing as how they can't just go back in and repair/replace it again. (I'm kinda pissed about that... why didn't they just replace it?... I'm sure the mayo surgeon did what he thought was best at the time... but GRrRR!!!)

Mom's heart is beating pretty inefficiently... according to her Madison surgeon "it's the most inefficient rythym I've seen"... a new pacemacker will HOPEFULLY help ... it could not help at all, or help just a little, or give her the improvement that the open heart surgery was supposed to give her.

They tried putting in the new pacemaker yesterday but the vein they wanted to use wouldn't cooperate (too crowded in there with the old pacemaker crap) so they have to go in from a different direction. This requires a lot more planning and consultation with Mayo surgical team so they won't do it until next week.

So... for the past 3 weeks mom has been in the hospital... she had a total of 36 hrs at home. I know she's strong but I know she's starting to feel the pressure and she's getting afraid to go home and leave the hospital. Frankly... I AM afraid for her... I'm afraid for her attitude especially if she has to spend a long time being limited like this.

It's so bad that grandma Jane is coming up to Madison (her flying by herself is a big deal... only did it twice before when quite literally she thought Mom was dying or close to the brink)

Well crap... I have to go.. they are about to put in my new modem so I can get off this illegal connection... I'll post a happier update in a bit.

Honestly... I was really busy and I really had a great time despite being stressed about moving and mom.. but I still thought about you guys and missed you.

·
Registered
21,482 Posts
So glad to hear you had a great time Lindsay. Bring us up to speed when you have a second.

Continued prayers for your mom and the rest of your family.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
I'm glad you had a good time I hope they can get your mom's pace maker replaced and it takes care of the problem. I'll look for your pictures :)

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Welcome back! I'm glad you had a great time...can't wait to see pictures. I'm so sorry about your mom. She's in my thoughts.

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
WELCOME BACK! We have all missed ya! :) Can't wait for Vegas pics!

So sorry about your mom is back in hospital. Hope she's back home soon.

G

·
Welcome back. I was seriously thinking about you this morning and hoping your mom was feeling better. Well, keep us posted as soon as possible.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Continued prayers for your mom, Linds. Glad you had a good time and were able to get away for a bit.

Looking forward to pics and more about your trip.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
WElcome back... hope you got some rest and relaxation that you deserve!

continued good thoughts for your mom and your entire family through this difficult time...

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Glad you had a fun Vegas vacation, you sure needed a break from all the stresses. I wish there were better news about your mom, she just looks way to young for all of this (from the pictures you shared). Continued good thoughts for her health and recovery.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
Welcome back! I'm glad you had a great time in Vegas. Continued good thoughts for your mom.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts