Just Labradors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 16yo tft Twiggy is getting very senile. She will walk in circles in the yard, she more often than not poops inside after just have been out. She has pee accidents all the time, she still eats well and looks forward to her treats but I'm not sure what to do. Where do i go from here? I can't see putting her to sleep because she's old. Her body is in pretty good health considering she has some kidney failure due to her age. I have tried crating her but she goes into a full blown panic and having never been crated, being blind and almost deaf she doesn't know what a crate is. What do I do? I get up with her at night at least once to go outside to potty, but still sometimes wake up to pee. I hate this getting old thing. She has been the best dog I have ever had. Never destructive, just a perfect little dog, now I need to do the best I can for the remainder of her life. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow I never knew there was such a thing:), I'm going to talk with them on Monday!! Maybe it will help, at this point I'll try anything to improve things for her.
Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Science Diet has a prescription food for behavior disorders and also a canned food for bladder problems you might want to ask about while at the vet.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
tft = toy fox terrier?

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
When were her last kidney function test run? Our Eskie started acting like that with her kidney failure. It could just be old age, but I would maybe have them do some blood work if it's been awhile. So sorry you and her are going through this, it is so hard. (((hugs)))

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear about Twiggy. My little 14 year old Silky has many of the same problems. I put a diaper on her at night because she will not wake up and pees in the bed.

She can't hear much any more, will stand and stare like she doesn't know where she is or what she was doing, cannot be left alone. Her kidneys are failing as well and she is on a special diet for that. I feel so bad for her.

I'm going to ask my vet about the medication in the link. I don't know why they didn't tell me anything about it at her last visit. :confused:

Best wishes for Twiggy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.