Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today while at the DDS, I heard "Landslide" which was done by Fleetwood Mac, and redone by the Dixie Chicks. I really love their version and had to ask the gal who was doing my teeth who they were.

Oh...and Eva Cassidy? is she a newish or oldish singer? I love her version of Kathy's Song (originally done by Simon & Garfunkel)

I really need to get out and do more and listen more. I need a life.
oh lah

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looking at your pic, I put you at 30-ish!!
Old fogie....hah, not!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I was listening to the original 'landslide' by fleetwood mac and I said to sam "This chick is ripping of the dixie chicks! She's singing there song!" Boy was I emabarresed when I found out it was the other way around lol! :-[

J

·
0 Posts
Hijacking post: your dentist visit reminded me, Can you taste salt yet? Did that problem go away?

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JollyMolly said:
Hijacking post: your dentist visit reminded me, Can you taste salt yet? Did that problem go away?
LOL Laurie...
It's gotten a bit better. The strange thing is that the "numbness" moved further down my throat. Very odd. It first started at the tip of my tongue and moved down, and then into my throat.

I have MVP, so need to take 4 500 mg tabs of antibiotics before treatments. I can't even feel those huge pills going down my throat. Something is amiss but haven't had the time to check it out. :-\

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
*hijacking thread also*

Hey Linda, the American Heart Association has just changed their antibiotic prophylaxis recommendations... you may not need to premedicate with ABs before your appts anymore! Let me find the article and double check...

http://www.ada.org/prof/resources/topics/infective_endocarditis.asp

Woohoo!! No more horse's pills for you! :D

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Not that old - I had a similar reaction when I first heard it actually - what? the Dixie Chicks are ripping Fleetwood Mac off? What the?

There are so many "old" songs being redone. Just goes to show you the new up and comers have no real talent to call their own.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dipete said:
zoesmom said:
looking at your pic, I put you at 30-ish!!
Old fogie....hah, not!
Thanks, but thats my daughter in the pic. ;D-
LOL

Felicia, thanks for the article. I just printed it and will show it to Todd and Braden. yippeee!! no more antibiotics!

hmmm...now I'm wondering how come they didn't know?

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Linda, this is new news, at least for us... we just got an insert in our monthly journal put out by the RCDSO (our licencing body). I received my copy a few days ago. :D

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
okay....thanks.
I'm also going to email the link to Todd.

(and to think...I just took 4 of them yesterday for teeth cleaning)

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Eva Cassidy had an awesome voice. Her Songbird is such a haunting song. Her version of Time After Time to me is the best one I've heard.

What a shame to lose her at such a young age.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts