Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my first gum surgery on Thursday. Yuck. It really wasn't that painful after, but the worst part (other than being awake and having to hear and feel all the stuff they were doing ~shudder~) is that they put this silly putty like stuff over the surgery site to protect the wound while it heals so you can still eat and drink etc. as usual. Having globs of silly putty in your mouth is pretty much exactly like it sounds - gross. It's annoying the crap out of me and it has to stay in there until Thursday.

Then this weekend I picked up a cold, or my allergies started acting up, I have no idea, but now I can't breathe.

So I have globs of crap in my mouth and globs of snot in my nose. I feel lovely.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You had a gum graft??? I had one before. I didn't find it too bad. You will get used to the putty.
Bone grafts. In three spots. And I found it pretty awful actually. Like I said, it wasn't awful as far as pain, it was psychologically awful for someone who hates the dentist. It's been almost 5 days and I'm still not used to the putty. I keep wondering if it would be okay if it "accidentally" fell out at this point.

I go back Thursday for another one. The only thing that's keeping me sane right now is that it's only one this time and not three.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.