Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from the mall. Our mall opens at 8am every day (2 hours before the stores open) to allow people to walk. I always thought it was a bunch of old ladies who did it. My SIL just had a baby and wanted to start walking so she invited me. I dont know why I didnt do it before. They play upbeat music on the sound system during walking hours. You dont have to worry about the weather. I've been putting off my morning jog because its so cold. The floor is level and perfect for my SIL to push her stroller. Plus I can window shop while I'm excersising. Its also pushes me to just make one more lap. Every day I want to do one more lap than the previous day.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I worked at the mall and had to be there early I would always see the walkers. The mall used to have special breakfast's for them around the holidays. I thought it was nice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dweck said:
Would they let you bring Molly?
No. Only handicapped people can.
Steve gets up an hour and a half before me. He's usually Molly's walker. Then the kids play with Molly in the backyard after dinner.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's cool. I think that would be fun. Are there stairs that you can also run up and down?

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I forgot all about mall walking ! I did that years ago when I was rehabbing my hip after surgery. I liked the predictable footing and climate control!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I run with a SAHM exercise group ... we always use the mall when it is cold, rainy, etc. It's a great way to keep up an exercise plan over the winter. :)

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
OK EVERYBODY, LET'S SING..

(Sung to the 60's tune "I'm a Girl Watcher")

I'M A MALL WALKER,
I'M A MALL WALKER,
JUST WALKIN' BY,
OH MY, OH MY....

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
cool!!

Our mall doors open up at 6am for the mall walkers :eek: I love the sweet old people who say good morning to me when I have to be in to work early

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
When my dobie was rehabbing her leg and I needed some gentle walks for her mid-summer I use to take her to Petsmart everyday and we spent a half hour or so just walking up and down the aisles. They got to know us and they understood I was looking for an air conditioned place to walk her.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts