Just Labradors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since its so nice out today......40 degrees lol. I thought I would play fetch with Sawyer so he could burn some of his insane energy. Do you see where this is going? First toss of the ball and its lost forever lol. And it was his all time favorite toy *face/palm*. Poor Sawyer ran all around where it landed tunneling his head around in the ankle deep snow. Oh boy did I feel like an idiot lol. I even walked out there and couldn't find it.....Lol its supposed to be in the 40s again tomarow so hopefully the snow will melt some more and I can find it. Im such a bad dog mom lol.

Not to mention little Maggie May now hates me too. Since good old red is lost poor Mags has become his favorite toy for the day. Right now she laying out the couch giving me the stink eye while he tugs at her handy Cocker ears.....Ooops lol

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
LOL! I did the same thing recently. We were playing fetch with a white bumper in about 14 inches of snow in the dark! I threw it, he looked, and couldn't find it. I got another toy, but since the white bumper is his favorite . . . he wouldn't let it go. Everytime he went out for a retrieve, he circled over to where the bumper was last seen and sniffed around. Eventually, he found it. He was so excited, but we haven't played with it since. White bumper, deep snow, after dark . . . what was I thinking!?! :whistle:

I can't wait until some of the snow melts. It is 34 degrees right now, and this is supposed to be the warmest day in the foreseeable future. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 9 degrees. I am sure there are lots of treasures buried in our yard. I know we are missing 3 frisbees, and countless tennis balls. It will be like getting all new toys!

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
lol..I hear ya! Last year was the first really big snow I had been exposed to...the first with a dog. So when Tal's ball got hidden in the snow, I lost it! I figured the orange would let me see it not realizing it burrowed down in the snow when it hit!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts