Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I over paid my hot water rental bill by $1300.

I cry.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
HOWEVER did you do THAT???

Oh, my..... :scare:

Lucy

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
OK, explain, I pay for the cold water that comes into my house but I have to pay to heat it if I want it heated.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I apparently hit an extra 0 on the online banking payment page. Oy vey.

And of course, we just noticed tonight at 8pm. The bank cannot do anything that won't take longer than 2 weeks. The stupid company I overpaid never contacted us letting us know we overpaid. And they are not open until 9am tomorrow. I am hoping they will cut me a check. What are the odds??

Glen- We rent our hot water heater. Odd, eh?? It's how Ontario rolls. For the rental fee, we get free maintenance on said hot water heater.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Aim said:

And of course, we just noticed tonight at 8pm. The bank cannot do anything that won't take longer than 2 weeks. The stupid company I overpaid never contacted us letting us know we overpaid. And they are not open until 9am tomorrow. I am hoping they will cut me a check. What are the odds??

Glen- We rent our hot water heater. Odd, eh?? It's how Ontario rolls. For the rental fee, we get free maintenance on said hot water heater.
OK, now that makes sense, was wondering if they had one big water heater and piped it all over town, along with the heat loss.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
:surprise: how long between paying and noticing?
my bank corrected my mispayment instantly when I called them - but I noticed fast ...

how scary - you may never use that kind of suplus up ..

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Aim said:

Are you just paying for the unit or is that the cost of the fuel to heat the water too? That seems a hefty monthly fee to me - water heaters are just not all that expensive.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BigBrownDog said:
Aim said:

Are you just paying for the unit or is that the cost of the fuel to heat the water too? That seems a hefty monthly fee to me - water heaters are just not all that expensive.
It's just for the rental. Our payment to rent it is $73 quarterly.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Mine's about $10 a month.. but it's electric.. gas is $20 per month, i believe

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Ouch! I hope they refund it.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I did the same thing with my water bill I thought I was paying my visa but instead paid the water bill. It did take about 4-5 days to get the bank and water company to reverse the amount but they did it. Good Luck hope you can get it back faster then I did

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They are going to put it back in my checking account. :) Should only take a couple of days! Phew.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts