Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one of those laser pointers that I use when teaching and I forgot to take it out of my book bag. This morning I was getting something out and found the pointer. I decided to see how Tal would react.

I need to get a vid clip of this! It was the funniest thing him chasing that little spot of light around the kitchen floor. When he would act like he was eating it I would release the switch and then shine it somewhere else. You really have to see it 'cuz it is one of the funniest things ever!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
LMAO - I know exactly what you mean, we put fresh batteries in our laser pointer and tried it on Buddy today. Hysterical! Shadow would chase it, too, but Buddy uses his feet as much as his mouth when trying to catch it.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
;D I can just see tal trying to "get the light." Our last lab loved to chase the flashlight beam. Those are good things for a rainy day. :)

We need a video of that. :)

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
lol i want to see! you have to video it

our cats go crazy for the laser pointer...i never thought to try it on the dogs..i will now!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had two german shepherd who both loved to chase "tinkerbells" as we called them. This could have been a laser pointer, but were usually reflected light off a watch or other shiny thing. in fact, the younger dog got pretty compulsive about it, and i understand there are dogs who are pretty nutsy about laser pointers or "tinkerbells".
I don't think a nice staedy lab would have any problem with it, however. gotta take video next time.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah it was fun! I'll try and take a vid clip of it tomorrow. I just happened on it accidentally. When I took it out of my bag, I checked to see if it still worked so I could replace the battery if needed. Tal saw it shine on the floor and jumped at it...well one thing led to another!

W

·
0 Posts
;D

My husband is a state trooper and has a taser gun with a red laser on it. He tests the gun every once in a while and it makes this loud clickety clickety sound. Anyway he let the dogs chase the laser and they got so worked up over it that now when he takes the gun out and makes it sound they go nuts - barking and howling and jumping like crazy lunatics. He will let them chase the laser every once in a while one at a time. Clint is the funniest chasing it and biting the floor and he gets him to jump up and over the sofa and bed, etc. Wigeon is so crazy over it that she spends the first few seconds trying to jump on him to bite the gun before giving chase!!!!

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
I hear ya. Caleb absolutey loves the laser pointer. it's equal with Elmo for his favorite toy. If we don't press the button, he looks from our hand to the floor looking for the spot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts