Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He just can't walk anymore. None of his legs are working very good anymore. We suspect he had a stroke during the winter. It's been a gradual decline since then. He's become withdrawn lately - loss of appetite, weight loss.... certainly not his ol' self.

It's time.

Sad thing is, he's only 11. This is BRUTAL!

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Oh man, I am so sorry! That's awful, but if his quality of life isn't there you have to do the kind and selfless thing. You'll be in my thoughts tomorrow. Godspeed Jake.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
I am so sorry. It is never easy. We never have them long enough, do we? We make these tough decisons because we love them. He knew he was loved. We had to make that decision a little over a year ago for our girl Molly. She had lymphoma & was only 8 1/2. You and your family will be in my thoughts during this sad time.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Oh no! I am so very sorry. It is a difficult decision, but it sounds like the right one for your boy. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
122 Posts
This is "The price we pay for a priceless gift!" God's peace be with you and Jake.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
My thoughts will be with you

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
I am so very sorry. I admire the final, selfless gift you are giving to Jake. My prayers are with you on this sad day.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I'm so sorry. I truly understand this, I had to let my best friend go just before Thanksgiving because his legs just didn't want to work anymore. It's never easy... you ease their pain and then yours begins. Goodspeed to your buddy, heart healing prayers for you.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts