Banned
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(

·
Banned
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You had to leave your pups with someone for whatever reason , who would you leave them with ? Just curious . I kinda hate to think about it . :no:

·
Banned
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea , just thinkin from another persons situation . luckily they have me . lol

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
That is a sad thing to think about. We actually had this discussion a few months ago.

Our dogs would (most likely) be split up. :( Three dogs would be a burden on most people. My Dad would take Riley. Murphy would be best placed with my sister and law. And Piper would live with my step-daughter. Or, go back and live with Peggy. ;) :laugh:

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Well Rita would keep Rowdy, no problem there, but if something happened to both of us my daughter in Mississippi has said she would come get him.

·
Banned
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im talkin short term , but still its a rough thing . Cause I would hate to leave my pups with someone else , even if I trusted them .

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
We're keeping BIL's dog short-term (going on 3 months though and I don't expect him gone for the next six months with the recent ankle injury...) He's a pain, but we'd never tell them that! lol We're working on training him, but he's the most stubborn dog ever.

Short-term, my parents or my brother. They both live near-by.

·
Registered
12,928 Posts
Short term? I would HOPE my ex would take one, my brother one and my friend one. Yes, they would have to be split up.......the thoughts of that trouble me and I would hope it would be a VERY short time. I have actually thought about this, and wondered if I would ask the ex to move back in with his 3 ... say if it were surgery for me or something. I dunno...For a few weeks, my dad would take care of them but after that.....*shudders*

For long term; like if I died, they have guardians, but one of them is not local for short term care.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
I have been in this situation. When SU was undergoing his stem cell transplants in AR. We couldn't take them with us. I took Jefferson to my sister for 6 weeks, then six months later he went for 5 weeks. Abby stayed with my son. I called my poor sister every night. Even made her put Jefferson on the phone.

G

·
I'm not a bit worried. My will is all made out and if I kick the bucket, both dogs are suppose to go to storyteller. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Fortunately our family and friends are near-by. On several different occasions we've left our dogs, taken their dogs, etc. In fact when we've returned, our dogs have looked at us like oh, you, you're back. Well can I stay and play somemore. Maybe we can go home later. They don't seem to mind being left.

In case of death our will has that spelled out.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Well, I have six dogs now. None of them are under the age of 7, so I just hope I outlive them all and there will not be an issue of care.

Oh wait! Scamp is only 4 years old!

God help me...

·
Banned
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im gona hijack my own thread . :laugh: what yall doin ?

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
DS and DD would fight over her, and they probably both hope we go before her! :laugh: :laugh: :no: :no:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts