Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on to me, you wouldn't think I was such a dumb @ss."

This is what I am about to spout off to my husband. I am so sick of trying to tell him something... and him interrupting shortly after I begin... with A STUPID CONCLUSION... then proceed to get angry and tell me how asinine my thought is.

HELLO.... YOU ARE THE IDIOT... NOT ME. That is your stupid thought. NOT MINE!

Someone help me.... before I tell him to STFU.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am also sick of him being such a nag. **** he should have been a woman.

B

·
0 Posts
Start the conversation with "please do not speak until I am done speaking." then if he does, tell him you're done until he can do what you asked. If it applies in your house, tell him "we don't allow our kids to interrupt so I'm telling you not to interrupt me either." ;)

As for nagging, ask him if he would like you to nag him the way he's nagging you. If he says no, then tell him you'd appreciate him stopping it.

This is all my humble opinion of course. I have very little tolerance for anyone doing those two things to me, and haven't been in my relationship long enough to know how to deal with things like this other than to say what I'd say to anyone else.

STFU also works when all else fails. I give politeness one shot and then go to STFU. ;D ;D ;D

Sorry you have to deal with this. PITA I know.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
What Leah said.

I think Loren and Andy might have been seperated at birth. *scratches head*

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Words of reason.... YESS... I need that. Thank you. That is excellent advice.

You know, often I see him doing idiodic things... but I don't say anything. To each his own. RIGHT? If that is what he wants to do and continue doing it that way... so be it. HOWEVER, I can be doing something actually sensible and with much thought put into it prior, and just for the sake of running his mouth he has to spout off that it's stupid and shouldn't be done or done that way.

I really should stop PMSing soon.

·
Registered
282 Posts
It's always just so nice when they do that :mad: Mine does that from time to time. I like when you're trying to do stuff around the house and you give them an idea.... and they don't think it's a very good one...but then after a while, THEY come up with the same idea and think they're just the smartest ever! :eek: ::) "Gee, I NEVER would have thought of that." ::)

Shanna said:
I really should stop PMSing soon.
LOL...... that's about the only time I get mouthy with hubby and he thinks I should go take a pill ;D

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
ahhh, my SU use to do this ALL the time. So when he would start talking and cut me off I would hold my hand up with one finger in the air.......of course it would distract him and he would eventually say "what are you doing" to which I would reply "I'm holding my place until you shut up and let me finish". Now when I start to raise my hand he immediately shuts up ;D

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
My advise is to start with your conclusion.

My wife:
"I need to go to the store to get earphones for my Ipod, but charlotte is waking up from her nap soon, I wanted to take her to see the parade but it's supposed to rain so I don't want to drive down there until i know for sure, I won't have time Monday and tuesday you have a game. I just can't use my old ear buds, they fall out when I'm running......just today at the gym I had to keep stopping the treadmill and fixing them. So I wanted to see what they have and if they'll work better. I hate this Ipod, maybe i should get a whole new one, well I'll see how much they are first, do all ear buds fit or are there special ones? I wonder if my holster would work or if I'll have to find a different one. Did you see the weather this morning? Do you think it'll rain? I don't but I don't know whether I should chance it or not. So can you get Charlotte up when she wakes up so i can go to the store?"

All she had to say is "can you get Charlotte up when she wakes up so i can go to the store?"

Start at the conclusion.

B

·
0 Posts
I must not be much of a girl.

That entire conversation would consist of: my Ipod is a POS, I don't know how much a new one costs but I need to go to the store to find out, watch the kid while I'm out. Thank you. Bye.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MidwestGirl said:
does HE have PMS? ;D
I HAVE told him that he needs to get off his 24/7 rag. Another time I asked him nicely if he got his period today.

BWAHAHAHAHAAAHAAAA.

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
sometimes i interrupt my su when he is trying to tell me a story. he really hates it, but i can't help myself. i don't know why, but i find myself guessing out loud what he is going to say next. occasionally, i say funny things that complete his sentense and we laugh, but in general, i know it's rude to interrupt. i have terrible manners. i was raised by koreans. ;D

B

·
0 Posts
Shanna said:
MidwestGirl said:
does HE have PMS? ;D
I HAVE told him that he needs to get off his 24/7 rag. Another time I asked him nicely if he got his period today.

BWAHAHAHAHAAAHAAAA.
OMG. I would've died laughing if I'd heard you say that to him. That is priceless. ;D

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
I'm not bitchy when I have PMS. I just have a lower than normal stupidity threshold. Stupid comments that fly under the radar 3 weeks out of the month get nailed during that week.

I still get called bitchy and I just tell SU "Well you knew I was a ***** when you married me." ;)

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Mine does this in that he tries to help me "SOLVE" everything, sometimes when there isnt a problem to even solve. I just want to spout off once in awhile without you butting in to save me or suggest the proper way to handle things.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Next time, while he's talking, just make the "jabbering hand" motion with your hand. Then close your fingers together and pull an imaginary zipper shut with your other hand. Then walk out of the room. People love it when you do that.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Jinx said:
I'm not bitchy when I have PMS. I just have a lower than normal stupidity threshold. Stupid comments that fly under the radar 3 weeks out of the month get nailed during that week.
that is WHAT I say!!!

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
luke from georgia said:
sometimes i interrupt my su when he is trying to tell me a story. he really hates it, but i can't help myself. i don't know why, but i find myself guessing out loud what he is going to say next. occasionally, i say funny things that complete his sentense and we laugh, but in general, i know it's rude to interrupt. i have terrible manners. i was raised by koreans. ;D
I do this too! I know it's bad but I just cannot help myself. Half the time after the words are out of my mouth, I embarrassingly say "never mind. go on...." It's awful! Sometimes I am right though!

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
gundogpa said:
My advise is to start with your conclusion.

My wife:
"I need to go to the store to get earphones for my Ipod, but charlotte is waking up from her nap soon, I wanted to take her to see the parade but it's supposed to rain so I don't want to drive down there until i know for sure, I won't have time Monday and tuesday you have a game. I just can't use my old ear buds, they fall out when I'm running......just today at the gym I had to keep stopping the treadmill and fixing them. So I wanted to see what they have and if they'll work better. I hate this Ipod, maybe i should get a whole new one, well I'll see how much they are first, do all ear buds fit or are there special ones? I wonder if my holster would work or if I'll have to find a different one. Did you see the weather this morning? Do you think it'll rain? I don't but I don't know whether I should chance it or not. So can you get Charlotte up when she wakes up so i can go to the store?"

All she had to say is "can you get Charlotte up when she wakes up so i can go to the store?"

Start at the conclusion.
I am a person of many thoughts, but I am NOT wordy like that. Get to the point... YA KNOW. ha ha.

Here is what happened this morn.

His (car) tire is flat... goes flat often. He wants to deal with it and not replace it... whatever.... that's his business.
I go to drive the car. Tire is flat and sitting on rim... I take my van instead. Upon returning, I remember that my van has an air pump built in, but there is not a hose. I go in the house to ask him if that pump came with a hose. He starts going off on me that he can't air his tire up every morning with the van pump.... yadda yadda yadda flappin his jaws... that's a stupid idea.... yadda yadda .... on and on.... I'm not backing the van up to the car tire EVERY DAY! He was actually yelling at me. I am looking at him. "Ya know, if you would let me finish my thought... " WHAT'S YOUR THOUGHT.... HUH... WHAT? Man, I had to seriously debate on whether he was worth telling. So, I decide to finish my **** thought.

You can use the pump in the back of the van, when the tire is this bad, to get tire off the rim, so you can get it up to the gas station to air it up.

THERE.... THERE IS MY EVER SO STUPID THOUGHT. :p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts