Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a new store in our city. It said Pet Supplies, so I didn't think they'd sell animals. But they do.

They had two rabbits in a fairly small cage, considering there were two of them. But one of them had the most overgrown bottom teeth I have ever seen! They were sticking out of his/her mouth. :( Who can I call about this? This is neglect. Rabbits teeth grow continuously unless given the proper diet of Timothy Hay and chew toys of some sort. Rabbits should have Timothy Hay available to them at all times. These rabbits didn't have any hay. :( I'm so sad thinking about them. I told dh that I was very close to buying them both and putting them into a rescue. He said I should buy them and take them to our Humane Society. It was just very sad. :(

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
:( I hate those types of 'stores'. When I was younger, I'd go in and tell the customers how much cheaper they could get dogs and cats with health guarantees if they bought through breeders or adopted from rescue, point out the issues (like diarrea) in the awful crates, etc, until I was asked to leave. Now that I fear arrest ( ;D) I just don't go in anymore.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I have gone into places like that with my camera and taken pictures and told them I was with the local authorities and I was going to turn them into the animal control if they didn't meet the standards. (until I was thrown out for not showing proper papers).

I have also gone in and asked to talk to the manager about the situation and told to mind my own business. (they were just opening and didn't need any crap from me) They are out of business now ;D

Stupid mean people who don't know how to take care of animals are just annoying!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts