Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Update: Thank you for keeping Gus in your thoughts today. I just picked him up and my vet does think that he has a cruciate tear. They have offered us a referral to an ortho vet in Greensboro, NC and we are also thinking about the Vet School at N.C. State University. I have a friend who is a vet in Raleigh, NC and I am planning to call her to ask advice as well. My son met me at the vet and has taken him home. He hasn't been awake long so he is still sort of shaking and doing a little bit of crying. This breaks my heart. I plan on reading as much as I can the next few days on cruciate tears and would appreciate any advice from any of you that have gone through a repair.

We noticed that Gus (my black lab) has been limping on his back left leg off and on since early last week. We felt the leg, hip, etc. and he gave no indication of pain-just the occasional limp. He and Zeke were due in for their annual checkup on Friday so we decided to just have it looked at then unless he got worse or acted like he was in pain. The vet felt like it was swollen and felt that we should get an X-ray to rule out any bone issues. Of course, she mentioned several things it could be, including a the cruciate ligament (which was my fear). Since he had eaten Friday morning, I took him in today. Any good thoughts that you could spare for my Gus would be appreciated. Gus is my heart dog, pure and simple, and I had a really hard time after I left him there this morning. He is 5-1/2 and he and Zeke have had run of the house since they were really young, so being crated and away from home is going to be tough on him. He has also never been boarded since my son always comes to stay with them if we travel. I knew you guys would not think I was silly for being so worried about him. Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: If you could spare some good thoughts for Gus please

I am sending my best thoughts and will hope for the best with you. I am always thankful for dogs with good owners who don't hesitate to use their vet as soon as they become concerned their dog is uncomfortable. Your dogs are lucky and I bet Gus is finding his visit interesting and enjoying meeting good people at the vets.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts

Hoping and praying it's nothing serious.
Nope, your not being silly at all! Look at me, I'm all worried over Frankie's broken toenail.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts

oh no, hoping it's nothing serious.
sending out good thoughts for sweet gus, pls let us know what the vet says

·
Registered
8,752 Posts

Good thoughts for Gus!!

·
Registered
2,962 Posts

You are definately not being silly worrying. I'd be doing the same! Praying that it isn't anything serious. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
10,345 Posts

Good thoughts and prayers for Gus. Hope he can be treated easily and can get back to his normal routine!

·
Registered
16,472 Posts

It's very normal to worry. Good thoughts for Gus.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts