Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd have no luck at all.
For a couple of years we have been trying to see Les Paul perform in New York. He is now 94 years old. For those of you who have never heard of him he is credited with inventing the electric guitar.
He plays every Monday night at the Iridium Jazz Club and we have never been able to stay over for a Monday night on our trips to NYC.
So, last spring we booked and paid for air fare and hotel for a trip August 8 - 12 so we would be there for a Monday night on August 10th.
Some time ago we signed up for the Iridium news letter. Last night we get a notice that Les is now only playing every other Monday night. Guess which Monday night he is NOT playing. You only get one guess.:mad:
So now for alternate plans. I have never been to Coney Island so we'll head down probably on Sunday for a Nathan's hot dog and ride the Cyclone roller coaster. Then Monday/Tuesday see what's at the half price show outlet to catch a couple of shows.
Always have to eat a pizza at Lombardy's and if it's not too hot spend time people watching in Central Park.
All that's fun but I am so disappointed we won't be able to see Les.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Do you think he might contact you if you wrote to the establishment? Couldn't hurt to try...that would be SOO disappointing! However, at 94, I guess he deserves every other Monday off!

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
He lives near me. I was not aware that he was still performing. I have to get my son in to see him! Thanks!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
That just sucks. I agree - try writing the establishment, explain what you just told us, and see if they might *possibly* be able to get him to change his weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts