Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After that video they just played about those few families in Africa, I'm crying my eyes out. That is unspeakably horrible.

D

·
0 Posts
I am really glad that they are using the huge ratings this show has to benefit these causes. Surprised that they did not think of this long ago!

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Oh gosh, me too Katherine. The video with Carrie, then Josh Groban singing "You Lift Me Up"....I'm a mess.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Yeah, I was on the elliptical in the gym...I probably looked very odd to the people that were not watching the TVs. I was trying so hard not to cry, but when they showed that really sick woman being loaded into the truck...oh man. :'(

Tonight makes me forgive the AI producers for making practically the entire season one big commercial.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Just knowing Josh is going to sing that song, makes me well up right now.
That's my song for my Grandpa....

This is one AI I might just watch.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, people can say a lot about hating Idol or reality tv or whatever, but I give the Idol producers HUGE props for using these votes for a good purpose. It's sad that this is what it takes to raise money for these people and organizations, but if this is what's necessary- rock on.

And I agree- that video with loading the woman into the truck. Then when Ryan said she died 2 days later. I lost it. :'(

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Is someone willing to PM me the "shocking" results? thanks in advance.

it just started here (7:02pm) but I know I'll go to sleep before the end.

thanks again!

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I cried like a baby.

I thought that was SO well done. Up to, and including, the "shocking finale." Any word yet as to how much $$ was collected?

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Anne said:
I cried like a baby.

I thought that was SO well done. Up to, and including, the "shocking finale." Any word yet as to how much $$ was collected?
I heard 30 million and counting.

I haven't watched it yet. It's on my Tivo- But I saw the Celine Dion duet and am still shocked. LOL

·
Registered
891 Posts
I am so glad that not only did they help those children in Africa but also all the people they are going to help in the states...I went to Africa 7 years ago and it is so sad to see the lack of school and medicial care that is avalible...being a techer it breaks my heart that many of them can't read I lost it when they said they found that little baby 50 miles away and tried to get him help in time but he died on the way...ahhh...I am a man and not afraid to admit that I cried like a 2 year old...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts