Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a rental mini-van for a month? My car is going to cost a minimal $3,000 (plus the cost of a rental car) to fix. They said it would be minimally 2-3 weeks to repair (but often take longer). Because I am paying cash they already discounted the price significantly (and I know the owner and trust the place completely). However I want to rent/lease a Town and Country or Dodge Caravan for a month while the car is getting repaired (It will also take 1 week to get the various and assorted parts/doors/quarter panels), as this is the type of car I want to get ultimately when I replace the station wagon I currently have.

So, any ideas on how to get a good bargain on a one month rental/lease?

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Was the damage done because of an accident? I have rental insurance. If you don't they will give a body shop rate at most rental places.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Why not just buy the new vehicle now, while they are having such awesome deals? The cost of a rental, on top of the repair costs, would be a huge down payment.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cash for clunkers?
I just heard about that today. Unfortunately I can not afford a new car right now, after being put to 1/2 time. It is a great deal though for people looking for a new car!

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
That's going to vary a great deal with the state and city.

The only thing I can think of is to look in the Yellow Pages for Car rentals and just keep calling until you find the best deal. In Topeka, Priceless and Rent-A-Wreck rent or lease used cars and are cheaper than the chains with new cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts