Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to think of something to make tonight. We are having a bit of a heat wave in Wisconsin right now... so nothing too hot... would like to stay away from pasta at all costs (way too pasta'd out at the moment)

Nothing too complicated and obviously nothing that requires marinating as there won't be any time.

Just can't think of anything I want to make. Definitely need a salad or something cold with it as well.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Gazpacho.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Eh. There's always omelette.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Asian chicken salad -- my version is bite size pieces of cold chicken breast, small torn pieces of lettuce (I prefer Romaine but any will do), pieces of orange sections (I cut the peel off to expose the flesh, then cut the sections out leaving the tougher skin between them), add some Chinese crisp noodles, drizzle with Kraft LITE Sesame Asian dressing. ♥ ♥

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I would choose BLT's and a salad - even though the BLT is like a salad it wouldn't bother me.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I just did salmon on the BBQ with an asian salad - glass noodles, sesame seeds, spinach, pears, red peppers...picked up at the store. I decided it was wrong to cook anything using the oven or stove today.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Salad and homemade baguette :)

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Lindsay,

I will go find mom's Chicken Salad recipe and put it in the recipe section for future use.

I know you take either left over chicken or rotisserie chicken from store 4 cups chunked.
Then it has green grapes, maderine oranges, pineapple tidbits, water chestnuts in it. The dressing is made with mayo and curry powder. You serve it with chow Mein noodles on top. I am sure I left some stuff out but it is really good and it is easy to make and perfect for a hot night. We had it last week.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
For quick dinners I like to buy turkey burgers and salmon burgers at Costco or Sams. They just take about 10 min to cook on the stove and you can pair with a wide variety of veggies.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Waldorf Salad with chicken. YUM! I use leftover chicken or get a rotisserie chicken from the store and cut it up. Add chopped apples, chopped celery, walnuts, raisins, Miracle Whip Lite, put in a lettuce cup and enjoy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts