·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's been a weird year, they have been just going around us. We acually had several, but this was the only one that caused damage.

South of Lincoln in the afternoon a couple spotters had windshields taken out by baseball sized hail near the Kansas line.

Took this from the parking lot at work later, this is the one that dropped the big hail, it's about 70 miles away at this point and is at 35,000 feet, down from 60,000 when the hail came down

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
We had a storm a couple weeks ago, just a few miles east of where I work had softball-sized hail - nothing here. I stayed at the office till about 6 waiting for it to pass, so I knew for sure we didn't get the hail. The pictures on the news were wild. There was one restaurant where the hail took out just about every one of their windows - not to mention all the cars in the parking lot of the people eating there!

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We had a storm a couple weeks ago, just a few miles east of where I work had softball-sized hail - nothing here. I stayed at the office till about 6 waiting for it to pass, so I knew for sure we didn't get the hail. The pictures on the news were wild. There was one restaurant where the hail took out just about every one of their windows - not to mention all the cars in the parking lot of the people eating there!
That big hail is scary, back in 1978 when I did body work, saw cars where softball size hail tore the metal in car roofs and broke the headliner.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is the hail that broke my coworker's windshield about 2 weeks ago.

Good sized stuff. Had some of that go 10 miles north of us the night of the 5-6th, Destroyed 55,000 acreas of crops. Since we were camping at Rock Creek Station we were a bit worried for a bit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts