Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I saw that on the news this morning. It's about time! :)

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
I met an airline pilot the other day who said he would NEVER place an animal in cargo on a plane. He said that at the slightest hint of smoke they release the fire extinguishers in cargo and any animals there die. He said it happens quite frequently.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I met an airline pilot the other day who said he would NEVER place an animal in cargo on a plane. He said that at the slightest hint of smoke they release the fire extinguishers in cargo and any animals there die. He said it happens quite frequently.
I'm sure it's good that I read this, but I'd just as soon not have that picture in my head.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I have a friend who is a Fedex pilot. His parents own a lab. They winter in Phoenix and summer back in Maryland where their daughter lives. They are now to old to drive so they fly. He route is Albany NY to Memphis and back each day. When it is time to move the dog he flies to Phoenix or Baltimore and takes the dog with him on Fedex. He won't trust the airlines with him.

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
Oh please.........

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
I can imagine...fire extinguishers put out fires by suffocating it not allowing oxygen to the fire so it goes out. Same thing can happen to a human or animal if they get in the way of a fire extinguisher.

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
All animal deaths during flights have to be documented. I have never seen one on the several years worth of reports I have read.

I'm not saying it couldn't happen.......I would like to see where it has thhough..........besides someone who knows someone who knows it happens all the time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts