Just Labradors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was leaving to go to work and as usual Ernie and my husband followed me outside where we play a short game of catch before I leave. Well I had the mini frisbee yesterday and my husband said "don't throw it too hard!" Well I didn't throw it hard but I did toss it up in the air and the wind really caught it, and it went behind me into the water.

Well of course I couldn't bear the thought of Ernie not having his favorite frisbee so I told my husband he would have to go get it (it was about waist deep) Of course he protested and reminded me it is "March and the water is *bleepin* cold". I reminded him that "the frisbee is Ernie's favorite toy and wouldn't he do anything to make the baby happy?" So he put on his water shoes and started to head out into the water.

Ernie not wanting to go away from his Dad's side followed him down the hill towards the water. As my husband was waist deep and crying about how cold it was, there goes Ernie into the water. I thought he would just splash at the edge like he usually does but he must have thought Dad needed help b/c all of a sudden he was under water (for a split second) then he came up and was swimming like he's been doing it forever!!! :D

My husband who was still screaming about how cold it was and how I was crazy and how that frisbee better cost a lot of money or I would never hear the end of it finally turned around and saw Ernie swimming. He just started laughing and said "AWWWW he's swimming!!" It was the funniest/cutest thing I have ever seen!

Needless to say I was late for work but it was so worth it! I haven't laughed that hard in forever. Of course my husband has banned all frisbee use by me ::)

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Thats a really cute story! He wanted to make sure his daddy was ok lol! ;D Either that or he was pissed that you stole his frisbee lol! ;)

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
;D What a great story! I can just picture it! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts