Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just wanted to see what all the hype was about.

Is that for real? the whole Guido/Guidette business? The orange spray-tan, jacked-up hair, Ed Hardy wardrobe dripping with gold chains? Is this a serious thing, or made up for tv? Do people in this area really do themselves up like that? Forgive my naivete, but Pauly D... that hair, come on.
And Snooki... Wtf? That's all I can say about her. And who names themself "The Situation". Really?

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
If you search the Jersey Shore resorts enough, you'll come across clowns like those shown on that show.

But then again, if you search enough Borders bookstores, Olive Garden restaurants, and Wal*Marts, you'll find them there, too.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I couldn't even stomach it for 15 minutes.

Snooki and those frickin' lips drive me insane. Every bloody picture I've ever seen of her, she has them puckered. I want to punch her.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I haven't and won't watch it.

Is that for real? the whole Guido/Guidette business? The orange spray-tan, jacked-up hair, Ed Hardy wardrobe dripping with gold chains? Is this a serious thing, or made up for tv? Do people in this area really do themselves up like that?
Yea, back in the 80's. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I haven't seen it around here. I think most of those idiots are from Staten Island, aren't they? They're giving the NJ shore a bad rap. :mad:

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have no idea where they migrated from, but their flock is mainly orange with lots of gold, elaborate plumage, and a very distinctive call.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I found it hilarious, in a "I'm laughing at you, not with you" sort of way. And then I wanted to strangle myself after about 15 minutes of watching it. *fist pump*

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
I have never seen that show nor do I plan to. We were watching Million Dollar Listings or something like that on FLN or something. What a bunch of tools!

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
I've never seen that show, but the Guido thing is definitely real. When I lived in Philly in the early '90s, on Saturday night South Street would be filled with suburban dirtbags acting like community theater versions of Goodfellas characters.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I've never seen that show, but the Guido thing is definitely real. When I lived in Philly in the early '90s, on Saturday night South Street would be filled with suburban dirtbags acting like community theater versions of Goodfellas characters.
Yiz gudda prob'be'lem widdat?

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
I have friends who live on South Street. A very different kind of weekend show going on there now.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
This.

The whole thing offends the sensibilities of true Jerseyans.
Ha! I love how every benighted community believes that its reputation is being ruined by "those people" in the next town, who are the *true* losers. If you're from Jersey, it's Staten Island. If you're from San Francisco, it's those hippie freaks in Berkeley. In China, nobody will admit to seeing a dog eaten, but everybody knows that "they" eat dogs over in that other province. Shanghainese will put it on the folks in Guangzhou. I wonder who the Guangzhou people blame?

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Ha! I love how every benighted community believes that its reputation is being ruined by "those people" in the next town, who are the *true* losers. If you're from Jersey, it's Staten Island. If you're from San Francisco, it's those hippie freaks in Berkeley. In China, nobody will admit to seeing a dog eaten, but everybody knows that "they" eat dogs over in that other province. Shanghainese will put it on the folks in Guangzhou. I wonder who the Guangzhou people blame?
They blame Jersey.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts