Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You all have been so supportive of Tudor and me over the years, through our joy and sorrows, and even if it's the internet, you are our friends and I feel it's only fair to share this with you as you all have shared yourselves with us and one another.

Ever since the assault in 2006, and especially over the past year, Tud has been trying to drink himself to death. (I just discovered on Tuesday that he's been hiding bottles in the house.) He is very close to succeeding in his attempt to "check out".

He is in detox which is affecting his heart. Cardiologists are now being consulted. When I saw him on Tuesday it was a man I didn't know. Almost not even a human being, rather, some creature out of science fiction. It was horrifying.

I am meeting with one of the physicians at 3:00 today.

Please do not judge him, or me. Any one of us at any time in our life could find ourselves in such despondency that ending it all just seems to be the least painful way out for all involved.

:(

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I'm so sorry, nance.. i wish i could ease your pain right now.. my prayers are with you and tud in this difficult time, my friend.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Not our place to ever judge anyone, Nance. Prayers for you and Tud to get through this and for Tud to be healed in every way.

My heart is breaking for you both.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh man. Of course no one will judge. :( I'm so sorry that you've been going through this with him, it had to have been hell for you both.

Was he in detox when the siezure happened, Nance?

I am here for you more than ever, my friend. I'm in tears thinking about this.
xoxo

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
No judging here--just good thoughts that everything will be okay. Please know that we care.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Eileens' father fought -- and lost -- the same battle. So you'll get nothing from me except a boatload of prayers for your strength and well-being. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF as well as your husband.

And know how much we love you both.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
i'm so sorry, nance. no judgements from me. just hugs and prayers for you both.

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
Nance, thanks for sharing.
You and Tudor will be in my thoughts.

Prayers for a full recovery for him.

and again, take care of yourself too.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
No judgment here.

Many many good healing thoughts for both of you. And strength for you, as hard as it is on him- it's just as hard on you. I hope you have people there who can help you, be your leaning post. Hang in there, Nance. Hang in there.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
No judgement here I'm very sorry you are having to go through all this. I pray that he recovers from this and is able to see it's worth living and makes some major changes. Don't beat yourself up either when someone sets their mind to something even those closest to them can't help sometimes.
(((Hugs)))

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Nothing but good thoughts and prayers that this all works out for the best for both of you.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Oh my goodness, we never know how something is going to affect us do we? My heart goes out to you both, life can be so difficult, all we can do is hope and pray for the best.

God bless you both.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts