Just Labradors banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On tuesday, and at first it was nothing. Then yesterday it swelled up and my whole leg was red and ITCHY - omg the itching is so intense I think I could go insane! The only thing that seems to bring any releif is ice. Besides that I have tried the gammut...prescription strength cortisone cream, benadryl cream, gold bond, benadryl tabs (which at least got me through the night without clawing my skin off)...nothing really helps. Any of you have special remedies that could help?

There is something to be said about sanity and intense itching...poor Shane suffered the brunt of my bitchiness last night when I couldn't get comfortable.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I remember something from Scouts about a paste make with Adolph's meat tenderizer. But then again Scouts, I was often hunting Snipes, so......

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Hypothermia and drunkenness. Failing that, amputation. Do you see why no one would let me into med school?

Good luck! It is no fun; I know that from experience.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't really know what kind, all I saw of the darn thing was the stinger left behind in my leg. And even if I had seen it I woudn't have the slightest clue! Don't think it was a honey bee though, since as I recall if you are stung by one you will be attacked by the remaining swarm because of pheremones given off by the one that stung.

In any case, you know Dan I remember using meat tenderizer as a kid when I was stung by a wasp. I may go pick some up at the store and give that a shot. And Nathan, I forgot to mention that I tried drunkeness last night, which tends to be my cure all for things that could potentially drive a person insane, and it failed the test. Now hypothermia...hmm...

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, here is a REAL kicker! I was just outside in my garden where there are swarming bees around one of our flowering shrubs, and Jaida is for some odd reason obsessed with the buzzing sound. So, she was sticking her nose in there, and I told her to quit, so she looked at me, then back at the bees, then kind of cowered off, like "okay FINE!". Then, when I wasn't looking, she snuck backover, and of course what happened? She was stung in the face! I told her, but did she listen? Poor thing...I pulled the stinger out. Now we will have matching battle wounds.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Aww, poor girl. Of course you know that if she had it to do all over again, she would do the exact same thing.

One of the things that really amazes me about Labradors is their ability not to learn from unpleasant experience. Kind of like me and reading the political threads here.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aww, poor girl. Of course you know that if she had it to do all over again, she would do the exact same thing.

One of the things that really amazes me about Labradors is their ability not to learn from unpleasant experience. Kind of like me and reading the political threads here.
LMAO! I here ya on that one, and feel the SAME way...**** political threads, and I really WANT to keep the peace...

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Better yet was that after all the comotion, Bali decided to go over, you know, not wanting to be left out of the fun, and stuck his nose right in there as if doing detective work and nearly got stung too!

Those labs...curious as ever!

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
You need to bee careful around those little buggars. I had a Pug who was allergic to bee stings. If I didn't get her to the vet within about 10 mins for that adrenalin shot, it would have been lights out. It happened twice. :(

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
My shepherd used to eat bees. She never seemed at all bothered by them.

Maybe you need a stronger antihistimine than Benedryl?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts