Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, more dangerous Shanna thoughts.

Being all PMS and stuff... I am tempermental today. I began to think about how I am usually pretty patient and collected.

This thought brought me to my MASTER THOUGHT.

What if every country was ruled by women. Would there be war or would all the country leaders have tea and be chatty? Sure, we have PMS, BUT... while we are in that phase, there isn't enough time for congress to declare war.

Seriously... think about it. If all the roles were reversed, what would the world be like?

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
If all the roles were reversed, what would the world be like?
Pinker?

Seriously --- I know men say our PMS would be our downfall, but I sometimes think a little less testosterone might not be too terrible.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
I know men say our PMS would be our downfall
I debate with my SU about this sometimes. (Not while I'm experiencing PMS, though. "IT WOULD NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE, YOU FRIGGING IDIOT!!!")

I think if we and other countries had female rulers, chances are they'd be menopausal and fairly even-tempered.

But I agree, a little less testosterone in our world's leaders wouldn't be a bad thing.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Taffys Mom said:
If all the roles were reversed, what would the world be like?
Pinker?

Seriously --- I know men say our PMS would be our downfall, but I sometimes think a little less testosterone might not be too terrible.
I have really come to think that men PMS 24/7 (by way of testosterone)... and because they are like that, we don't ever see the better side. Seriously, I battle fire with fire... ACT JUST LIKE MY HUSBAND when I am pmsing.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
The world is not ruled by single men. I'm sure the whole time Mr Clinton was president he got plenty of input from Hillary.

I wonder if the roles were reversed, would everything be the same,better or worse. I would guess better but probably closer to the same. Sometimes I really think politics has no gender. Power is power.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
labs4life said:
The world is not ruled by single men. I'm sure the whole time Mr Clinton was president he got plenty of input from Hillary.

I wonder if the roles were reversed, would everything be the same,better or worse. I would guess better but probably closer to the same. Sometimes I really think politics has no gender. Power is power.
I truly do not see women in power needing war to settle things. Sure, you might have the occasional crazy woman that needs to be taken down, but nothing like what this world has seen. Time and time again, there is blood shed. Women on average just don't get into blood shed and killing. I wonder what method they would use to resolve disputes.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Shanna said:
labs4life said:

I truly do not see women in power needing war to settle things. Sure, you might have the occasional crazy woman that needs to be taken down, but nothing like what this world has seen. Time and time again, there is blood shed. Women on average just don't get into blood shed and killing. I wonder what method they would use to resolve disputes.
So if and when another 9/11 happens, what are we gonna do? Nothing?

B

·
0 Posts
Jimbo said:
Shanna said:
labs4life said:

No, we'll pick the right targets to blow the **** out of. We have a better b.s. meter most of the time and less testosterone can mean a little better ability to strategically, surgically retailate. We won't randomly pick places to fight just for fightings sake.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
No see....rather than blowing each other up when we don't like each other's politics, we'd just talk bad about each other....and eventually ignore the bitchy leader. And then get all the other countries to ignore her too.

Oh I'd make our flag Burberry plaid! That would be pretty. :)

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jimbo said:
Shanna said:
labs4life said:

You have to remember.... it is women running the country. Over there.... men would not have any rights and therefore, could not own weapons. Most likely 9/11 would not have happened. If it did, then, the way we women are... their own country would have tended to them immediately.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Hmmm. If it was Condi and Jeanne Kirkpatrick and Margaret Thatcher and Tyra running things, then I think it would be pretty much the same.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Charla said:
No see....rather than blowing each other up when we don't like each other's politics, we'd just talk bad about each other....and eventually ignore the bitchy leader. And then get all the other countries to ignore her too.

Oh I'd make our flag Burberry plaid! That would be pretty. :)
Flags are barbaric. How about we come up with another way of displaying our country of origin. Say.... All carry Burberry handbags?

J

·
0 Posts
Small hijack: About a month ago I was putting money in a parking meter and someone from behind tapped me on the shoulder and said, "I like your scarf" (Burberry). Well, this woman was a walking Burberry blob. She had a burberry bucket hat, scarf, collar lined coat, purse the whole works. I had to stiffle a laugh.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
theoconbrio said:
Hmmm. If it was Condi and Jeanne Kirkpatrick and Margaret Thatcher and Tyra running things, then I think it would be pretty much the same.
But see.... the dynamics of everything would change. There wouldn't be the two major parties... and all the politics in the way that we know it. We wouldn't need a woman that was a man handler. We would need one that was popular among the gals... funny... and all around a great dresser. We wouldn't need oil imported because at the first sign that there was trouble in the atmosphere, we would have implemented a better way for transportation so that we wouldn't have to worry about the future of our hairspray cans. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Jimbo said:
Shanna said:
labs4life said:

Hopefully not what we did this time. Flame away.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts