Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the Natural Balance food they were on was recalled, I have decided to go with the California Natural for my dogs. I used to feed this to Haily years ago. That one and INNOVA which are made by the same company. The only reason I stopped was because it was not convenient to go get it, the nearest place is about 45 minutes away. Not that is is terribly far, but there were other foods I could get much closer.
This is all so confusing I can scream! I just hope and pray that this is the right decision. It's like I am waiting for the next recall.
They are saying the rice protein that was in the NB was sold to 4 other company's but won't say who. That really pisses me off. Instead of doing like NB did and pull the food until testing can be done, these foods are still out there and being fed. It's just so scary.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Waggin' Tails just sent out an email stating all the foods they will still sell. They are only made in the US with US products, except for meat from New Zealand. I can copy the list, if you'd like. Or even the email.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Here is the email they sent:

Dear Waggin Tails Customers
Two Days ago, we reported a voluntary recall from Natural Balance of their Venison dry dog and cat food. Yesterday, they expanded the recall to dry and canned venison products for dogs and cats, as well as their venison treats for dogs. Although the recall is limited to these products only, we have decided to suspend sales of all Natural Balance products. Below, please find the Natural Balance Press release, a current list of foods we are carrying, as well as an article from USA today, which we found very helpful in identifying the facts around this most recent recall.
What is safe to feed?
After reviewing all information around both the Menu Foods recall, as well as this weeks Natural Balance recall, we are left to try and answer the question of “What IS safe to feed our pets?” This is not an easy thing to answer with complete certainty. Our opinion of this situation is that the pet food industry has been without scrutiny far too long. As these events continue to unfold, we do believe that the manufacturers with a total commitment to quality and safety will come out on top. Those whose commitment is less than that, will not. We go back to what we said in our first email, which is that this is a result of economy minded manufacturers sourcing economy ingredients. We have been forced to make a lot of decisions around what products we feel comfortable carrying and which we do not. Again, not easy, but based on information to date, we feel confident in our next steps. At this point, here is our position on what we refuse to sell.

1. We will not sell foods using any ingredients from outside the US, with the exception of meat from New Zealand. Nothing in any of the recalls has been related to meat source, so we feel confident in this part of our decision.
2. We will not sell foods made outside the US
3. We will not sell foods made at Menu Foods
4. We will not sell foods made by a company that will not disclose this information.
5. We will not sell foods with any ingredients known to be suspect.

We feel that this is the appropriate next step to take with all our pet’s health and safety in mind. It will most likely not be the last step we take. Based on this decision, we have provided a list of foods that we are currently carrying below. We do invite any specific questions and ask for your patience in response. The level of communication is at a volume that is far beyond our current capabilities. We will continue to update you with any new information about the recall or regarding decisions we make about the products we carry.

Sincerely,

John Gigliotti

President and Founder Waggintails.com
Avo Derm-All products, except Avo Select Cuts feline formulas
Back to Basics-All products
Blue Buffalo-All products
Bravo-All products
ByNature Organics dry and canned only-not pouches
California Natural-Dry products only
Canidae-All products
Canine caviar-All products
Chicken Soup-All products
Dr. Harveys-All products
Eagle-Dry products only
Evo-Dry products only
Felidae-All products
Fromm-Dry Food Only
Honest Kitchen-All Products
Innova-Dry products only
Merrick-All Products
Nature’s Variety-Dry products only
Newman’s Own Organics-Dry products only
Pinnacle-Dry products only
Premium Edge-All products
Red Barn-All products
Sojourner Farms-All products
Solid Gold-All products
Steve’s Real Food-All products
Tripett-All products
Timberwolf Organics-All products
Wellness-Dry products only
Wysong-dry products with the exception of some cans not made at Menu Foods

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks so much!
I see they still have the California Natural, so it makes me feel a little better with my choice.

K

·
0 Posts
i'm having so much trouble with food because jake wont eat a lot of it - he hates veggies and what are they putting in food these days?

i may give wellness a try. but old jakester also cant have corn. and lamb is too rich for both of them so

last night i was like shoot.me.now in the pet store.

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know what you mean I was in the store for an hour trying to make my final decision.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts