Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in Toronto on Saturday.

It was SO good. The stage was amazing. It was so well done.

It only runs until the end of March- but if you are in Toronto before then- go see it! IT's definitely worth it.

http://www.dirtydancingtoronto.ca/

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Did she like it? How did it compare to the movie? I can't imagine.....

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She really liked it. It starred an actress that she really likes from one of the shows she watches on the Canadian version of the Disney Channel.

It was so well done. There were a couple of parts that were not in the movie, but they fit into the story quite well.

And when Johnny came and said "Nobody puts Baby in the corner" the entire crowd went nuts. It was just so good. The dancers were amazing.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
And when Johnny came and said "Nobody puts Baby in the corner" the entire crowd went nuts.
The best line! Did Kelsey see the original movie?

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
That is so cool! I bet it was awesome :D

Is the girl who Kelsey knew, the one from "Life With Derek"?? The kids I babysit for love that show...and the stupid theme song always gets stuck in my head! "this is life with Lizzie, Edwin, George, and Nora, Marti, and Casey..." lol

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is so cool! I bet it was awesome :D

Is the girl who Kelsey knew, the one from "Life With Derek"?? The kids I babysit for love that show...and the stupid theme song always gets stuck in my head! "this is life with Lizzie, Edwin, George, and Nora, Marti, and Casey..." lol
YES! Ashely Legget. She was really good as Baby.

Amy- Kelsey hasn't seen the original movie. So it was all new to her. I'm hoping to take her to the theatre more often now that she has been. Just need to wait until things that would interest her come to the stage. Toronto has a wonderful theatre district.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I love theater, too, especially w/my kids.

But it is so damned expensive!

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I went to public school with Ashley Leggat's oldest brother. I remember when she was born. I hear she's excellent in Dirty Dancing. :)

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Saw it twice!! SOOO good!! :D

The first time was on my birthday last year and I had just broken my foot two days before. I had to climb ALL the stairs at the royal alexandria on crutches, but it was TOTALLY worth it!! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts