Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a plant in my office. Sitting in the pot I have a Wee Little Garden Gnome that a friend gave me. (That is what he was officially called on his box.)

Twice in the last week he has popped out of the pot and been sitting on a table.

Last night when I left the office, he was still in the pot, but not this morning.

Someone in the office said maybe it's a Travelocity Roaming Gnome.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Somebody is playing tricks, maybe someone in the office, not necessarily the cleaning people. We had a tiny little stuffed lamb that kept popping up in different places and offices at my previous job.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No one in the office even realized I had a gnome. Plus like I said, he was still in his usual spot late yesterday afternoon. No one else was here.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
I'm telling you...do not underestimate the power of the gnome. Maybe it is creepy under that plant. Especially at night after you leave. Maybe he needs a gnome buddy to hold his hand?

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
I think someone with access after business hours (security, cleaning, fellow worker, e.g.) has seen the commercials of the Traveling Gnome or maybe participated in some of the games people play with a gnome they send to others all over the world to be photographed in different places and then sent to another (there was at least a couple of those on a previous JL forum) and they're just joking with you.

You might try placing your Gnome in a spot other than with the plant next time just before you leave -- I'm betting it'll be back with the plant when you return the next morning.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Do the cleaning people water the plants? Could they have watered the plant and set the gnome on your desk and then forgot about it?

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh, I'm not offended or anything, but anytime I look over there and he's in a different spot, it freaks me out a little. :laugh:

(I was a girl that was convinced my Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy dolls came to life after I fell asleep.)

T

·
0 Posts
Melissa said:
Oh, I'm not offended or anything, but anytime I look over there and he's in a different spot, it freaks me out a little. :laugh:

(I was a girl that was convinced my Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy dolls came to life after I fell asleep.)
:laugh: :laugh: I'm glad I'm not alone...and here I thought the Easter Bunny was invisible and made my toys fly when I was sleeping :laugh:

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Tundra Aries said:
Melissa said:

:laugh: :laugh: I'm glad I'm not alone...and here I thought the Easter Bunny was invisible and made my toys fly when I was sleeping :laugh:
I never wanted a Raggedy Ann or Andy doll for that very reason, they creeped me out! :scare: :scare

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Gnomes are just begging for people to do something with them. It's like wearing a sign that says "kick me" on your back. :laugh:

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
patm said:
Gnomes are just begging for people to do something with them. It's like wearing a sign that says "kick me" on your back
Or to be moved to a different place and photographed there. :happy: :happy: :happy:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts