Just Labradors banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, my FIL is from a small village in Mexico. Very VERY normal there and if you ask him if for some reason my MIL couldn't breastfeed if he would perfer his baby be nursed by another woman or given formula he'd look at you like you were nuts - and not the reason most ppl would. It would be more acceptable to have another mama nurse the baby. :)

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
That was great of her.
I've been trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my extra milk I have a bunch in the freezer and am sill producing more than Aubrey needs but I have to pump at work to keep my milk supply. I know there are several milk banks that collect breast milk to be used for premie babies since it really benefits them to have the extra antibodies and it's easier to digest for them. I think I may look into donating some of it to them.

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
bacatherine said:
That was great of her.
I've been trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my extra milk I have a bunch in the freezer and am sill producing more than Aubrey needs but I have to pump at work to keep my milk supply. I know there are several milk banks that collect breast milk to be used for premie babies since it really benefits them to have the extra antibodies and it's easier to digest for them. I think I may look into donating some of it to them.
You really, really should!

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
I am looking into it there is one in Indiana I beleive run by the hospital my sister just gave birth at. She gave me a brochure for it and I looked it up online I think I should qualify and I know I have at least 80 - 6oz bags of milk in the freezer. I was waiting to see if my sister was going to be able to bf ok before giving them up incase she needed it. So far she's doing good though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.