Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is Honey...I found her through my vet. She was a stray that was wondering the streets in December. She is 10 yrs old and is positive for heartworms. I was not planning on adopting again...you guys know that...but something about her stole my attention. The vet has brought her up to good health, she is receiving meds for the heartworms and is a huge love bug! I never ever act on a whim but I did today. I took her home! She is great with the kids and good with Koko. Koko is not so sure of her but I will give that time. She doesn't really know basic commands but she knows what food is!!! She has a lot to learn but if she is willing I am willing! So sweet and has a lot of spunk for a senior! Her chances were not good if I did not adopt her...what can a person do?? I think she will take a little more time than koko did to "catch on" but I have a good feeling she will. I don't want to give up on this one so any encouraging words would be nice! And yes she is a golden retriever.

[URL="
[/URL]

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I think it is wonderful, Katie, that you opened your home to Honey! She sure looks like a honey, and I'm sure we're all glad to have her on the board!

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
She's just beautiful , and has the sweetest expression ! I am glad she found you ! She may take some time to catch on, but I bet she will be worth every second of it ! Congratulations, and I thankyou for adopting her !

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LMAO!!! I knew you guys would accept her as one of our own!!! I just think of her as a furry lab! Last night went great! She is so loving...she seeks out love more than koko does. I mean she likes to cuddle, Koko likes to just lay by you, about a foot away, Honey wants to lay right next to you!

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Congratulations to Honey and to you. She is beautiful. How wonderful that you are helping this beautiful lady. Some things are meant to be.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Kolby was heartworm positive, too. :( But he did receive the immiticide injections and is now on monthly heartworm preventative year-round, just like Abbey. I have to retest him next month to make sure he's still negative - fingers crossed!

Congrats - she is a cutie pie! :D

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
How wonderful! Thank you for taking her into your home and heart.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts