Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the only person that I know that can go to DSW shoe warehouse and NOT FIND A THING!!
Then I went to Macy's...nothing there either.
I wanted to get a new pair of UGGS, in black this time but they apparently don't carry them. I tried on a gazillion other shoes and nada...absolutely nada. So I bought 3 pair of knee socks. :surprise:

What the heck am I looking for???

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Actually I have walked out of there with nothing too. They just don't have enough of the kind of shoe I need for work in my size - big and wide. And - I am just no longer in the market for 4+ inch heels which they have an awful lot of at my local DSW.

I do much better shopping at Zappos.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I'm a sucky shopper, too. I expect to fine REAL leather and REAL natural fabrics and right sizes and good proportions and nice styling without all the b/s attached.

It doesn't exist anymore. Wahhhhhhhh!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
BigBrownDog said:
Actually I have walked out of there with nothing too. They just don't have enough of the kind of shoe I need for work in my size - big and wide. And - I am just no longer in the market for 4+ inch heels which they have an awful lot of at my local DSW.

Same here. Not a wide foot, but I wear a size 11, and they are not easy to come by. When I do find my size, half the time I'd be better off wearing the box! Why is it that a shoe that looks darling in a 6, just as cute in a 9, suddenly looks like gunboats in an 11? And why can't they have more nice shoes with less than 2 1/2" heels?

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I don't like shopping at all, but shoe shopping is the worse for me. My feet are built like shoe box's :laugh:, I wear a size 7 wide :crazy:, and I'm very picky- so finding something I like and that fits is really difficult. I ordered some online, looked great on the computer, when I got them, hmmmmm they looked like crap! So they will be going back :( Hope you have better luck, Di

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
AmazonGold said:
BigBrownDog said:

Same here. Not a wide foot, but I wear a size 11, and they are not easy to come by. When I do find my size, half the time I'd be better off wearing the box! Why is it that a shoe that looks darling in a 6, just as cute in a 9, suddenly looks like gunboats in an 11? And why can't they have more nice shoes with less than 2 1/2" heels?
I'm worse, Jackie. Size 11 shoes and I need them extra wide, normally. :( I just bought a super nice pair of guys' Pumas, though.. :D

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
I wear a 9 1/2 wide or extra wide. So I go to the store try on a pair of ugly colored ones. Determine if the fit is right. If so I jot down the info and come home order them off the internet in the color I want.

Last time I was to DSW I bought a pair of men's swim shoes (the kind you wear at the lake or the ocean) for walking Cinnamon in when it is raining as I don't care about my feet getting wet but I hate ruining my shoes in the water and I won't wear a boot unless it is really cold.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
What sux for me is because of my ankles I can't wear heels anymore. Unless they are gigundo boxy 1/2 inch heels that are the entire width of the shoe. It seems like all they have are 3 inch pointy things are made to send me to the hospital. And most of the flats I find are those ballet shoes which don't really work with my wardrobe or those butt-ugly penny loafers with the tassle-things.

I actually have good luck with Talbots shoes...as long as they don't run out of my size before I buy them. And since I won't buy them til they go on sale....that is usually the case. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts