Just Labradors banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow will be the 10yr. anniversary of the death of my best friend and Step-mom- She really was our mom in every way and she didn't have to be. I think of her and miss her everyday- Wish you were here mom!:(

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
As you know, I know exactly how you feel Di. It's been 18 months since I lost my Mum & there hasn't been a day that I don't miss her or think about her.

They reckon time heals everything. I wish it would hurry up. I bet you do too. :(

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I understand. My dad has been gone almost 32 years--I miss him everyday. Now my mom is another story !!!

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
I totally understand. I think it is a great testament to the type of person your Step-Mom was that you still miss her. She must have been wonderful. {{{hugs to you}}}

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
{{{hugs}}} I'm sorry. She really must have been great!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Wishing you sweet memories and peace.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I'm sorry, Di. :( She must have been one special lady to hurt so much after 10 years.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I understand totally. I lost my step dad 4 days pryor to finding out I was pregnante with my 14 yr old, and everyday I want to ask him about something or seek his opinion. And he isn't there anymore. Sometimes I feel cheated, but i know he is better off.

Prayers and hugs for you in your sorrow no matter how long it takes we never get over it. just learn to deal with it better sometimes.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone, I'm off to work- which sometimes makes it harder- she worked at the same hospital as I do for 33yrs. and folks still remember her, and frequently come and tell me how much they miss her. Yes she was a very special lady and we were all lucky to have her in our lives! Unfortunately it was not long enough, is it ever! :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts