Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some dishes.. koda liked her stitches and now she's bleeding.. i have a call into the emergency vet.

ka-ching..

**update thursday am**

Okay.. more blood this morning.. not as much but i need a vet to look at this so i'm waiting for the office to open at 9am.

I put her beside my bed last night.. out of her crate but with cone on.. then i pushed the crate up so she couldn't get out.

We all slept pretty good..

This morning i went to prep food and that little **** jumped on my bed and off it to get out.. MY BED IS HIGH.. and she had no launching room and a cone that barely fit in the space she was in

*sigh*

I dunno what i'm gonna do about that girl.. "da beats!" comes to mind...

I guess the only safe place for her is the bathroom.. so i stuck her in there.. it was interesting to shower and suddenly feel the wide end of a cone stuck to your ass at 7am.

Did i ever mention what a dream child tucker is?

I hope the vet can fit me in this morning =(

**update thursday afternoon**

Vet said she had a seroma.. basically a buildup of blood under the surface and it needed to drain.. a couple of licks and the stitches would part enough to drain the excess blood..

So it turns out.. what she did was good.. leaving it in there is worse and could cause an infection..

So she cleaned her up, gave her 3 staples and said she looks great.

So.. all day when i called her a bad girl.. oops.. she was a good girl =)

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Re: I spoke too soon..

kelli said:
I did some dishes.. koda liked her stitches and now she's bleeding.. i have a call into the emergency vet.

caching..
Good luck, I hope everyting turns out OK.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts

Did she pull one out or just lick them enough to remove the scab?

·
Registered
13,529 Posts

The little bugger. I hope she'll be okay Kelli - here's hoping it's just a stitch and nothing serious at all.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts

Hope it's just one or two. Fingers crossed for you guys

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

He told me to cone that bad girl and that she'll be okay .. the wound is closed so there's just some oozing.. i'll bring her into my vet tomorrow if the oozing doesn't stop.

*sigh*

I have her baracated in now.. no crate.. no more freedom from cone for the next 7-10 days.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts

aww...poor Koda. Glad it's okay!

·
Registered
4,075 Posts

glad its just some oozing. Good thoughts for you both

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

well.. she jumped the barricade when i was in the kitchen washing the cloth.. omg.. i aged 10 years.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts

Sending good thoughts for Koda and Kelli's blood pressure...

·
Registered
3,895 Posts

POOR YOU ... bad bad Koda - thinking peaceful healling thoughts for you

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

she's asleep now.. i hope this was a blip.. i hope jumping the barricade didn't do damage.. i hope the incision wasn't compromised.. i hope my grey hari can be dyed.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts