Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let them out of the office. I don't envy her the drive home tonight. Ken (my hubby) comes through that area. I just talked to him- he's waiting awhile to leave his office. He's planning on jumping off the interstate before there and taking all the back roads home.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
They usually let us go early before a holiday, but apparently have forgotten today. ::)

tap, tap, tap, tap...

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An FBI agent was shot a few minutes from Amy's office, and at least one of the suspects is still at large. Here's the link to her post this afternoon about it:

http://www.justlabradors.com/forum/index.php/topic,41610.0.html

edited to add-
I just talked to my husband again- he's taking yet a different way home then he planned. Turns out traffic is backed up so bad that he couldn't even get onto the interstate that runs parralell to the highway the bank is on (Rt 78). He's now attempting to get off of Rt 287 at 206 and come up past the USET. Gee, I hope Amy isn't having as hard a time getting home as Ken is!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Here I am! ;D No, they don't close our plant EVER, it's a 24/7 manufacturing facility. I did have one of the guys walk me out to the parking lot though. The choppers were directly over our building most of the day.

Where does your husband work, Sue? I had to take Readington road to Pulaski then out to 22 in Whitehouse. No incidents, other than cops whizzing down all the back roads with their lights on.

Scary stuff. I wonder if 22 will be open tomorrow a.m. ???

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whew! Glad you got home without too much hassle!

...Where does your husband work, Sue?...
Believe it or not, Ken works in Matawan. The guy he usually car pools with was somewhere ahead of him tonight (they each drove today). Traffic was so backed up he couldn't even get onto 78. Evidently, they aren't letting anyone off at Lamington Rd, either (which is where Ken was going to get off tonight). Last I heard, Ken is planning on getting off 287 at 206 and heading your way. He used to work at the "Bad Boy School" over there, so knows the back way to Califon.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Amy there were 2 bank robberies in my area yesterday too. One in Hamilton and then one just down the road from my house. They caught the guys one block away from the bank at the one near me. They suspected that they were the same robbers but after investigating they determined that they weren't the same.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Who the hell would try and rob a bank these days anyway? Do they think they won't get caught?! :-\

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
jzgrlduff said:
Who the hell would try and rob a bank these days anyway? Do they think they won't get caught?! :-\
;D This is exactly what my 13 yo said, but without the hell! The next part may be a little frightening though. He said "Anything like that has to be done electronically now". Thank God I don't see any form of computer expertise in his future. ;)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
"Anything like that has to be done electronically now".
Smart kid. He's absolutely right, unfortunately.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts