Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I see them all the time. I can't get over how small they are. It's so windy here today that would probably blow right off the road.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
I've seen a few of them. They are so teeny! You can park ANYWHERE with them! I saw one yesterday with 2 big guys in it. So funny! Cute!

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
This is great for pedestrians and bikers. If the Smart Car were to run into you, more damage would be done to the car than to you. :laugh:

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
MidwestGirl said:
It was kinda cute!! :laugh:

No I wouldn't feel safe in one.
You probably would if there were more cars like that on the road and less gigantic trucks and SUVs (and if the majority of people weren't such shitty drivers).

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
I see them around here occasionally. They're cute, but man, I wouldn't want to be in an accident in one.

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
dweck said:
Retriever Mama said:
You can park ANYWHERE with them!
And if there are no slots available, fold it up and take it with you!
Some cities, like Victoria, BC, recognize this and are converting standard parking stalls into Smart car stalls. 3 Smart cars will fit into a standard parallel parking stall.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
my trash can is bigger than that and the wind blew it over yesterday. no thank you. :scared:

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
I've sat in one and they're actually pretty roomy. Keep in mind that they are two seaters with little room for more than a few bags of groceries in back. They're not intended for lengthy trips. They are just a basic means of transportation. I think that for what they're intended, they're a pretty decent little vehicle.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
There are a lot of them around here. I wouldn't feel safe.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
When I went to Italy in 2000, they were everywhere. I think they are cute but only practical for city driving. They seem to have pretty good acceleration and handling, as I've seen a couple on our interstates here. They are so tiny, though! And expensive for the size. I would rather drive something like that around town than a motorcycle, though.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
labby said:
I saw one the other day too. I'm not sure I could get in one. Or out of one.
I haven't seen one but I am certain I could not get into one either...

It looks like if anyone wanted to steal it all they would have to do is pick it up and carry it off. That is one ugly car, IMHO.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts