Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rescued a little boston terrier from a byb and listed her with a local rescue group, and the response is overwhelming. How do I pick her home, when several would be a good match? How do breeders pick a home for their pups if all the homes are equal. Anyway I feel so stressed out because now I don't know what to do and just want to keep her myself. She is a good little dog.

I had a fellow call me back tonight and I had crossed him off my list because when I told him the adoption fee he paused, and made a shocked comment. I thought he decided it was too much money. Even though he later said it was okay. Well, I told him tonight she might have a home and he sounded so bummed out. so now I feel bad.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
In the order in which you received the responses? Thoroughly check out each family, visit them ahead of time, etc. That's what I would do.

Or just keep her yourself. :)

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
i wouldn't feel bad about the guy who was shocked at the adoption fee even though he later said it was ok. if he was shocked at the adoption fee then he really isn't prepared for the expense of owning a dog.

i say if you really like her then keep her. then you won't have to worry that you chose the best home for her. :)

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I would keep her...poor little gal! I've been begging Denny for another BT but he says 3 dogs is enough.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
FYI.. i was pretty **** shocked at Koda's adoption fee.. i mean, i never really thought about it before.. i knew there was a fee.. but i didn't think to ask how much..

Anyhoo.. food for thought.

How much is the adoption fee, may i ask?

Koda's was $400

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I talked to my hubby last night and he said, you went with your gut and now you are trying to put emotion into it. So yeah, I am getting a little attached to the girl. Her adoption fee is 300, includes shots and spay both which she needed done. We took her to a pet store yesterday and she was so overwhelmed. I hope the new owner will take her places. Anyway, I am checking out the potential new owner tonight and introducing them. If the dog is freaked out I might second guess myself again. They owned a labrador in the past that died of old age and have waited a while for the right time to own another dog. Their friends have a boston so they are somewhat familier with the breed.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I think $300 is really reasonable. I know that's what most of our Boston rescues charge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts