Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can honestly say that I do! Besides some really annoying co-workers! I have an awesome boss, I love what I do, I can wear what I want (meaning jeans and sweatshirts or Ts everyday), I work at my own pace with minimal supervision, I get paid a decent salary....I actually look forward to coming to work.

The only thing that's missing is Damned Cafeteria Guy.

So how about you, do you love your job?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just hit 21 this past February, it's hard to believe!!! I started out in Customer Service and now I'm in Planning.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Yes - it would be hard to find something that suits me so well.

I have a lot of control over my day to day activity (like this week I am working at home all week doing budget creation for the next FY). I would go nuts sittng at a desk all the time. I do a lot of local travel - usually on the road Tuesday - Thursday- my weeks are quite varied. I have a lot of tasks - but also can craft my own projects and manage my accounts according to my own methods and ideas - so opportunity for creativity is there.

It's a lot like running my own business with the bonus of having a big corporation behind me and a reliable salary to count on.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
I just hit 21 this past February, it's hard to believe!!! I started out in Customer Service and now I'm in Planning.
Yes 21yrs is a long time. I have seen A LOT of people come and go. Some days I can't believe I have been here that long and other days it feels about right :)

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
I love my jobs! I work on Saturday too at a different place. It can get a little slow, but I like the environment. My M-F job is terrific! I'm very, very thankful!

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
I can honestly say that I do! Besides some really annoying co-workers! I have an awesome boss, I love what I do, I can wear what I want (meaning jeans and sweatshirts or Ts everyday), I work at my own pace with minimal supervision, I get paid a decent salary....I actually look forward to coming to work.
Mine is about the same as yours :) I guess I must like or love it because in 2wks I will have been here 20yrs!!
You both work for JL right?! :biggrin1::biggrin1:

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
I'm with you Amy. I love my job too. This is a great place to work and for a company that appreciates what you do, hence the bonus I just got! I love my boss, he is so good to us. And we have a small office and all the people are really nice and family oriented. We all get along great. It's relaxed here with dress also. Sometimes I dress up if company is coming, but most of the time it's jeans, etc. I got lucky when I found this job!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I envy you.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Jeans here and t shirts....but I do not care for the flip flops which by the way some gal is wearing today. Flip, smack, flip, smack......

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I use to, but after 18 1/2 yrs in in the ER I'm burnt out! My new position has bought me some time, but don't see me doing this for more then a few more years. Problem is I want out of health care completely....... so what to do next is the big question.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Love it. I work alone (well, the triage nurse has a room next to mine, and the drs & nurses are all out back), have my radio, my paperwork, interesting patients, great pay. And I love that it's flexible, I can chose when I am available for work (and union).

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
i love my job, i work from home for a global company, so i can wear my PJs to work and dont even have to brush my hair LOL. I get to speak to people all over the world, travel etc. My Boss is the best manager i have ever had, very supprtive. And the pay and benefits are great too :)

·
Registered
21,293 Posts
I'm more or less my own boss with little interference with what I do !

My problem lies with the changes that people are making to the Company in an attempt to "improve " things and make people more accountable when in reality all that they are doing is increasing the bureaucracy and waste and spending more money !

They also bring in consultants on a vastly inflated salary that sit alongside us doing the same job and I'm not talking temps ! WTG to make somebody feel special.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I love what I do and have done this type of work for several companies,most of my working life. I'm a field service engineer. I'm sent to various places to troubleshoot and find a way to correct malfunctions. I love the troubleshooting. It is like trying to solve a mystery and it is great when you find it.
The travel is extensive and the locations are not always glamorous but I am paid a fair wage, my customers like me, and my boss leaves me alone. I carry my entire office in a back pack. I have a nice laptop,aircard,Blackberry ,digital camera and the American Express card. I have a company Jeep Liberty for my 8 hour or less trips and I fly everywhere else. I'm home by Friday every week and pretty much see my home office when I feel like it.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
I love what I do and have done this type of work for several companies,most of my working life. I'm a field service engineer. I'm sent to various places to troubleshoot and find a way to correct malfunctions. I love the troubleshooting. It is like trying to solve a mystery and it is great when you find it.
The travel is extensive and the locations are not always glamorous but I am paid a fair wage, my customers like me, and my boss leaves me alone. I carry my entire office in a back pack. I have a nice laptop,aircard,Blackberry ,digital camera and the American Express card. I have a company Jeep Liberty for my 8 hour or less trips and I fly everywhere else. I'm home by Friday every week and pretty much see my home office when I feel like it.
I have a nice laptop,aircard,Blackberry ,digital camera and the American Express card. I have a company Jeep Liberty for my 8 hour or less trips and I fly everywhere else. I'm home by Friday every week and pretty much see my home office when I feel like it.
Thant's my husband too. Only not a Jeep, a Saturn right now. he loves it!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts