1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Found my coat and grabbed my hat
Made the bus in seconds flat
Found my way upstairs and had a smoke
Somebody spoke and i went into a dream

Aaaaaaaaah..ah-ah-ahhhhhh...ah-ah-AHHHH-ah-ah-ah.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
I grew up on Sgt. Peppers (and Barry Manilow and Donna Summer - my mom had weird taste) and I know that album backwards & forwards.

I even (I can't believe I'm telling you this) staged a show for my family in the back yard with the finale of "When I'm 64" for my aunt's 64th birthday!

*cringes at the obnoxiousness of it*

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I read the news today oh boy
About a lucky man who made the grade
And though the news was rather sad
Well I just had to laugh
I saw the photograph.
He blew his mind out in a car
He didn't notice that the lights had changed
A crowd of people stood and stared
They'd seen his face before
Nobody was really sure
If he was from the House of Lords.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I grew up on Sgt. Peppers (and Barry Manilow and Donna Summer - my mom had weird taste) and I know that album backwards & forwards.

I even (I can't believe I'm telling you this) staged a show for my family in the back yard with the finale of "When I'm 64" for my aunt's 64th birthday!

*cringes at the obnoxiousness of it*
NO! The staging of "When I'm 64" was GREAT! I'll bet a lot of us acted out many of these songs while doing dishes after dinner. I know mom, my sisters and I did! (Mom loved the Beatles music... she's 88 now). :)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I love how the Beatles (and Brits) say the word "cup". Its a weird fetish of mine. I listen to "Across the Universe" because I love when they say "paper cup".

There was a guy in the coffee shop last night named Desmond who just moved here and he asked for a "cup of soup". Instant smile on my face. He was very handsome to boot. Then I personally delivered it to his table and he says "Thanks, doll." I just about melted. I washed all the tables nearby his, several times over. LOL! On his way to leave he said "Nice to meet you, Loooorey" *sigh*

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.