Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My heart dog, Indy, who will be 11 in a couple of weeks was thought to have an interdigital cyst on his atrophied left rear leg... well after a couple of weeks on antibiotics and drops, it has enlarged and is firm.... Tomorrow he goes in for surgery and we are hoping it isnt the whole toe, nor will it be cancer... This guy is my whole world and I cant imagine life without him...Please wish the best for him... I'm a nervous wreck and have been crying all day...:(

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Good thoughts for you and Indy!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
You got it.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Prayers and good thoughts for Indy, that it is something stuck in there causing infection and swelling, and he will be fine after it's cleared out.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone, its been a rough night (for me at least, he's taken over my side of the bed, lying on my pillows next to the hubs, and the other 2 dogs)..I gave up the fight for sleep at 3:00 am and decided to take a shower and start work early...if my mind is going to wander, it might as well be doing medical reports to keep me occupied....Of course all the horrible thoughts are racing around in there.....The care is packed with his comforter (I dont want him on their tiled floor), and his stuffed frankenstein...I just cant even think about him losing that toe...Indy has suffered from bilateral elbow dysplasia that was fixed when he was a year old, but then 6 years ago he blew his knee out and the surgery didnt take, leaving with an atrophied leg...this is the leg that has the tumor....He uses the leg for balance, those two middle toes particularly... I'm terrified that he wont be able to walk, terrified it will be cancer, terrified he'll not wake up, I'm terrified they'll find the reason why he's lost so much weight is because of cancer........can you see where this is going?

Between crying all night and driving the whole house nuts..I'm pretty much a basket case...This brat is my everything and I'm just not ready for him to go yet...:(

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Prayers and good thoughts that everything goes well today.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts