Registered
21,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cyst that I didn't know I had in the first place ruptured and I am in agony

OOOOOOOOOOOwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Spent all day at ER

http://www.zimmer.co.uk/z/ctl/op/global/action/1/id/8060/template/PC/navid/619

I can only hobble and my leg is like a balloon

The surgeon who drained the Haematoma told me that a cortisone and lignacaine injection would have me on a high but I just got home and the pain is excrutiating !

Did I mention my leg is like a balloon ??

OOOOOOOOOOowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Sympathy here - sorry you're hurting Colin. I suggest a warm kitty compress and several hard ciders! Hope you feel better in the morning!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Ouch! Sounds painful! Hope you get some relief soon.
Colin, you said your leg looks like a balloon. Is that type of swelling normal?

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Look at you - even in all your pain - thinking of others (tagging your post!) !!!

So sorry, Colin! Feel better sooooooon!!! Oh, and have a couple shots of whiskey! One for me, one for you, one for me......

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
OMG...my MRI showed one of those and I didn't think anything of it! I'm sorry you're in so much pain. Feel better!

·
Registered
21,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Gee thanks everybody for all of your kind thoughts

I doubt I will get much sleep tonight.

They asked me whether I had been doing extreme exercise recently in order to rupture the cyst !

Yeah right

I reckon this stems from the time 12 years ago when Samson bowled me over twisting my knee ( I haven't told him - he would be very upset )

It was 80mm by 40mm thats 3 1/4" X 1 1/2" app which shrank back when he sucked out the haematoma but now it's back to the same size ! It's totally enclosed in the muscle so they sucked it out via a hole in the back of my knee ! All of that and I'm back to square one - in agony !

Come to me paracetomol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts