Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My face is a disaster right now - SO dry. Recommendations? Preferably something I can run to Target and grab on my lunch hour rather than a department store/beauty store brand.

THANKS!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I have been battling a horrid outbreak of psoriasis (STRESS anyone??), and my derm recommended this for my elbows/knees. Excellent stuff, and it's available at any drug store.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't mind paying more. I just meant that I wanted to be able to get it today and not have to make a special trip somewhere, know what I mean? I didn't necessarily mean cheap - just accessible.

I need to start fixing this mess ASAP!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I started doing this a couple of weeks ago. My face was sooooo flakey and red. Cleanse with Nivea visage Q10 cleansing lotion daily. Exfoliate with scrubby pad once or twice a week. Moisturize every other day with Extra Virgin organic Coconut oil. Take coconut oil orally everyday too. Amazing results. Nice smooth skin and pores have shrunk down to almost nothing, redness almost gone too. The oil is similar to butter, hardened in the jar, but it melts as soon as you touch it. Feels oily when i apply but as soon as it sinks in, doesn't feel oily at all. I give Buck a teaspoon a day too, has help with his sore joints soooo much. Google the benefits of coconut oil, there are a ton.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I like that the Eclos is made from plant extracts. :) I slather my neck with it too before it starts to get wrinkly and snakelike. :lol:

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Olay products for my face and I use the Aveeno baby lotion for my hands. I really like the Olay products; they aren't greasy and most of it doesn't end up on the pillowcase.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I have eczema, which makes my face very dry also. Mary Kay Extra Emollient Night Cream has been the best. I've been using it in the morning and at night, for about 20 years. Bonus: No Wrinkles yet!

For drugstore brands, Aquaphor is good and Eucerin is, too. If it's really bad, you can put some hydrocortisone cream for a couple days to help heal it up.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Have you tried any of the Boots No. 7 product line? It's sold at Target and was recommended on The Doctors television show last year. I've tried the cleanser, protect and perfect serum and day cream (moisturizer) with spf 15. So far I've liked what I've tried. They have a lot of products in their line from which to choose.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Justine, where do you get this coconut oil? What do you mean you take it orally, you just drink it?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Justine, where do you get this coconut oil? What do you mean you take it orally, you just drink it?
Amy, i bought the first one at the health food store. A one pound jar was 22.99, lasted about a month. Thats four of us taking it and the dog. Found a great website to buy it from. One pound for 6.79. Orally, yes Buck takes it right off the spoon. I like it melted in microwave for 15 seconds then drink from a glass. On my face, i use about the size of a baby fingernail, not much. You can cook with it too. The website is swanson vitamins.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Thanks Justine, I just ordered 2 from the Swanson Vitamin site. I'm going to give it to the dogs, also. :)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Thanks Justine, I just ordered 2 from the Swanson Vitamin site. I'm going to give it to the dogs, also. :)
Great!! let me know what you think of it. I noticed a difference with the dog within a few days. My face took about a week to notice a difference. The oil has the ability to smother any bacteria, it actually pushed a couple of blemishes right out and dried them up, exfoliate too,it helps speed things up. You can even smooth a bit on your hair without it getting oily at all, nice shine. Ever notice how women from the tropics almost always have lovely poreless skin? its the oil.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts