Just Labradors banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm repainting the entire interior of my house.

It has really needed it since our last "cone head" incident (Ruger's eye surgery... he beat the hell out of the walls and woodwork with his cone.)

Anyway I'm going from all brown earthy tones, to spring cool green/blue tones. So far it's looking a LOT brighter! I'm out of paint right now. Will have to wait until next payday to get some more, but eventually I'll get it all done.

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Sounds like a nice change! I just finished two bathrooms and a bedroom, but I still have all the crown, doors trim, window trim and baseboards to do. I hate painting the trim work. I would have painted it before it was installed, but my SIL works too fast!

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
We just moved into our house a year ago and our paint already looks awful in the high traffic rooms...builder's flat sucks! I'm not repainting until the baby is old enough not to color on the walls, though...I had my fill of painting to get our house ready to sell in 2008.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I love to paint, but I hate to clean out the brushes and rollers. I need to paint my bedroom and office, but it will have to wait until after hockey season. :eek:hwell:

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
We've lived in this house 7.5 years and still haven't painted every wall even once. I went on a painting frenzy the first two weeks wanting to paint every room. And then I just fizzled out. Haven't picked it up again since.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I never clean rollers or paint trays. Rollers are cheap enough to toss. And I use the paint tray liners (about 75 cents each) and simply toss them as well. Makes clean up a lot less taxing!!

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
I never clean rollers or paint trays. Rollers are cheap enough to toss. And I use the paint tray liners (about 75 cents each) and simply toss them as well. Makes clean up a lot less taxing!!
I use a tall kitchen size trash bag to line the roller tray and the toss it. The roller and brush get wrapped in clear plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator until I'm ready to use them again. I still have one in the back of the fridge that I used last fall on an outside glider I never finished!

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
We did our whole house last year when we did all the floors. So I know what you're talking about. It's so nice when it's done though. I am going to repaint the spare bedroom this spring though because I don't like the color. And I'm also working my way around the basement walls too. I'll be glad when this is over. And I don't clean brushes or rollers either. I buy cheap ones and toss them.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I do buy a good brush for the trim work. I like the angled ones, I get nice straight edges with those :)

Linda, never heard of putting them in the fridge, does that keep them from drying out? I don't think I'd have enough room in my fridge to store them though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.