Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let's hope it's that easy, Stacey.....but logic tells me there's no guarantees. :-\

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Aww, Bren, I know how you feel. She'll be home before you know it. (((hugs)))

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I don't have much of an update at this point. One on one work with her won't begin until this afternoon. So far, she has spent her days in the daycare and getting accustomed to lots and lots of dogs, staff and activity to go on around her. She needs the chaos of dogs sniffing her, approaching her, etc. At home, her first response is to attack. This socializing is to numb her to this, and hopefully dull some of the anxiety she feels when she sees another dog.

The guy who runs the daycare said she's been nothing but a sweetheart. She's staying very close to him, though and giving kisses (nice to hear). The next couple days, they'll take her out in to different scenarios - the park, sit in the lobby, etc.

The trainer did confirm that it is fear induced - and definitely more so with men, than women (as I suspected). Apparently, there's another Bully (female) named Ruby, who she's very interested in. :)

I'll get another update today.

Thanks for all your kind words. I miss that bubba girl so much.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Stella will be in the next Olympics with her new training. :laugh:

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
So it's basic desensitization and counter-conditioning? That sounds like fun actually, not too boot-camp-ish.

Hang in there, Stella! You can do it!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts