Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won't find out where until Thursday at 1pm EST, but I matched to one of the programs I ranked!

I don't really know if this makes me even more nervous or not...it could be one of four places, when we really would like to stay here (for financial reasons mostly).

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
does this mean you are board certified now? last week you said you were board certified, but you are not on the AZ med boards???

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Cool, can't wait to find out where!! This is for your 4 year internship, no?

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool, can't wait to find out where!! This is for your 4 year internship, no?
Well it is a four year residency program, of which the first year you are considered an intern. But yes!

I can't wait to find out where, too. IMHO, it is just cruel that the location is not disclosed when you find out if you matched! The waiting causes too much anxiety!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
does this mean you are board certified now? last week you said you were board certified, but you are not on the AZ med boards???
I was wondering the same. I thought it took a while to become board certified. Maybe it's different in Arizona.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Congratulations! Having been through it with our (then SIL to be) and then our daughter, I found the whole Match Day process to be really stressful on the new Dr. to be and families involved.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Sandy and Frito - I looked for a long time online, and hope Cadey will correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like board certification is awarded based on completing a residency and on an extensive written test, so, from the sounds of that Cadey is NOT board certified.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Not sure why anyone here would take the time to find out if she is board certified, but I can tell you that you won't find anything under the name of "Cadey" and I'll just leave it at that! ;)

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congratulations! Having been through it with our (then SIL to be) and then our daughter, I found the whole Match Day process to be really stressful on the new Dr. to be and families involved.
Thanks so much! Yes, it can be really nerve wracking because of the uncertainty! What did your daughter and SIL go into? I have a feeling I may have asked you that before, so forgive me if my memory fails me.

And BoatDog is correct, State licensing comes upon completion of residency. United States licensing (warranting a diploma and Medical Degree making one eligible to practice) comes from completion of the USMLE steps.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Congratulations!! One out of 4 sure beats "0" out of 4 by many miles/kilometers!! But do I hope you'll get 4 o/o 4 and have the widest possible choice of opportunities to pick among.

Which specialty will you be doing a residency in?

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Congratulations!! One out of 4 sure beats "0" out of 4 by many miles/kilometers!! But do I hope you'll get 4 o/o 4 and have the widest possible choice of opportunities to pick among.

Which specialty will you be doing a residency in?

Ooo! Oooo! I want to answer, but I will let chocolatecoverdlab do it. It is what makes the dang process so stressful.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Not sure why anyone here would take the time to find out if she is board certified, but I can tell you that you won't find anything under the name of "Cadey" and I'll just leave it at that! ;)
I think she was looking up what board certified entails, not cadey.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Apparently Ed's memory serves him better than mine does!

I am going into OB/Gyn Bob, and am not sure if I will do a fellowship in Maternal-Fetal Medicine yet, but figure I will cross that bridge when I come to it ;)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts