Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I love Pennsylvania!

We made the 10hr trek south yesterday. :) My kids are superstar travelers. We only stopped twice for breaks. But both times, we took walks and made the kids run. lol.

We went through a mountain tunnel, which was very exciting for us since we come from flatlands. bwahaha.

The weather is beautiful.

There is a Target down the street. Life is good!! lalala.

Oh and Tucker is POOPED! My brother in law is staying at the house with him. And took him to a friends house to play with two chocolate labs. Tucker was in labby heaven. :)

Oops.. I do know how to spell Pennsylvania.. Just not when I have two kids trying to talk me into going down to the pool.

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
I kinda like it too! I've lived in many states and countries while my DH was in the Air Force for 20 years and we picked PA. to come back to and settle. What area are you at, Amy?

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
The Allegheny tunnel? I pass through that on my way to Maryland. It's pretty cool to go through. Like you, I come from flat lands, so the mountains are so cool to go through.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
We lived in the foothills of the Alleghenies, and I just loved the area. That tunnel is too cool!

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
From another Pennsylvanian, thanks! We're glad you came to visit. Sit back and stay awhile.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Gorgeous place, I sometimes wonder why I moved to TX from PA....

Oh, yeah. It snows in PA. I hate the cold, and REALLY hate to drive in snow. But summer is great and autumn is AWESOME!

Lucy

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Don't make me so envious! My husband and son just took a week long vacation and went back home to PA, but I had to stay here in Michigan....boo clinics! I'm not going to be able to go back home until January, at the earliest, and the last time I was there was Christmas, '08.

I always start feeling "right" when we hit the moutains of Western PA on our drive home.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Linda- We are in the Brandywine Valley. My friend lives right near Kennet Square.

Lucy- It's funny you mention the snow. My friends are native Michiganders. They keep saying it annoys them that everything shuts down for an inch of snow. lol.

We just had the most wonderful day. Spent the day at my friends house and we all got to ride her horse. I haven't been on a horse in years and years. My kids are now thinking they should take riding lessons. lol

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
*waves*
Hi, neighbor!! :)

Have a great trip, Aim!!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Have some scrapple!
Drink some Frank's Cherry Wishniak!
And spend lots of money! We appreciate it!

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Thanks from another Pennsylvanian! I'm not far from Linda and I do have to say I love my state. I've been to a lot of the other states but this will always be home. It is a very beautiful state.

Jackie, where in the Alleghenies did you live?

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Allegheny tunnel? I pass through that on my way to Maryland. It's pretty cool to go through. Like you, I come from flat lands, so the mountains are so cool to go through.
I'm not sure if that was the name of it or not? LOL. I'll have to look it up. But it was neat. Very enjoyable drive. Better than flat corn fields. ;)

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Oh you're in the Eastern part of the state. You're less than an hour away. Hi <waving>

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Thanks from another Pennsylvanian! I'm not far from Linda and I do have to say I love my state. I've been to a lot of the other states but this will always be home. It is a very beautiful state.

Jackie, where in the Alleghenies did you live?
We were outside Franklin, in Venango County. My parents had 80 acres at the top of Buttermilk Hill, and I just love that area. I worked in Titusville (Cross Creek Country Club), Oil City, and Meadville when I lived there.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
We were outside Franklin, in Venango County. My parents had 80 acres at the top of Buttermilk Hill, and I just love that area. I worked in Titusville (Cross Creek Country Club), Oil City, and Meadville when I lived there.
I know exactly where that is. My parents have a camp in Tionesta. I go to a Dr. in Franklin, it's about an hour from where I live now, but I grew up near Pittsburgh. Small world isn't it?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts