Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something that people always marvel at with my dogs is that I can leave my plate, bowl, whatever. Wherever I want, even the floor. Oops I forgot ketchup. I stand up and say "NO!" as I point to the food. All three of mine will not touch it. If the cat gets near it Happy will even shoo her away from it.

We got take out for lunch today and I got up to go do something and put my bowl on the floor by the couch and said "Mine, don't touch" I came back to them all just sitting sweetly where I left them. :D

Now if we leave food out and leave the house....that's another matter all together.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine won't touch it either. They don't counter surf either.
I wish I could say that about the counter surfing!! One of them will if they're mad I left, if they're not mad I left the house will be fine when I get back.

Don't you just love labs?

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Dontcha just love it?!

Penny is still learning that one (haha), but Abby and Molly are great. People who come over are always amazed that they won't touch it. Molly has been known to counter surf or I should say nudge things off with her nose. Penny just flat out puts her paws on the table/counter...still working on that too!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dontcha just love it?!

Penny is still learning that one (haha), but Abby and Molly are great. People who come over are always amazed that they won't touch it. Molly has been known to counter surf or I should say nudge things off with her nose. Penny just flat out puts her paws on the table/counter...still working on that too!
My mom's GSD will steal food of their forks!! I was over there and her boyfriend turned his head and Harley just reached over and took those mashed potatoes right off the fork!!

I just stared. I was like "My three wouldn't DREAM of doing that!!"

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Zoe is a Class A crook. She doesn't counter surf like she did in the past though. The begging and stealing has become much worse since Makenna came.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Bauer doesn't touch our plates at all. He has never counter-surfed or gotten in the trash *knocks on wood*. We used to tell him to "leave it" if we left the room, but not anymore. He just ignores it.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Buck won't counter surf or take things off the coffee table and such. H ewill sit there and stare and drool. But if it is on the floor it is fair game. It would be nice if he could resist that floor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts