Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Totally had my morning changed. I had quite a few errands to run this morning so as I'm barreling out of the house, Blackie runs to the door with me all anxious, with that "Take Me, Take Me" attitude. So why not. It's cool enough here that she can stay in the car. So off we go on our merry way together, post office, shopping, then take a break at a Starbucks. We tailgated in the parking lot with the hatch open. You know how us girls like our coffee cake. Then on the way home, stopped at a local park, got a long leash and went for a walk. She splashed through the stream and got wet. Then we were on our way home. I'm sure she had a good time and my morning had a little more "Stop and smell the roses" feel than I intended. :)

So what did you do this morning??

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I took Rowan for a short walk on the trails and cause it is only 10:21 I am heading down to scrapbook for an hour or so.... if the kids will let me... ::)

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Henery and I took an hour and a half long walk through our park (with a game a fetch thrown in) with my SIL's sister, Lori, and her chocolate lab, Riley! Both boys were grass-stainy and sacked out afterwards. :D

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
This morning I just did hmrk and slept, but yesterday afternoon apollo and I cuddled in bed, ate ice cream (well i did, he didn't) and watch Charmed on dvd lol! It was fun.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Jeanne I agree with you... I just got to spend 3 days with Aidan at the Potomac and it was so nice to get to be with just HIM and no other dog. We really bonded even more on the trip.
Now, I owe Emma some 1:1 time ;)

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I have such a hard time leaving one of them behind, but I know what you mean.

I took both dogs with me this morning to my son's swim practice - we did a good long walk (my son swims for 1-1/2 hours) and then they sat in the sun for a while and watched. Another young lab was there so they had some fun greeting and sniffing and then it was time to go home.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
It has been rainy and chilly here today but I took Tal to Petco and we played fetch several times. Also, there is a large oak tree here and I'll run over to it, hide and Tal will peek around the side, then I say gonna get you, and we play hide and seek around the tree. I could do those things with him for hours..

Interesting you bring this up because it is the simple things like the one on one time I spend with Tal that is so much fun.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't get me wrong, I love my pack but it is fun to spend one-on-one time with each of them.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Rangermom said:
Don't get me wrong, I love my pack but it is fun to spend one-on-one time with each of them.
I hear ya and I am hoping one day to get a second Lab. A few years into the future but that will be good because Tal will be 2 or 3 years old by then.

And from what I understand one on one time with each of them is really important. But it's also loads of fun when you all do something together!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts