Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But I am oh so proud.
My son Justin picked up a tennis racquet the summer before he started high school. He loved it and played and played all summer. That next spring he made the High school varsity tennis team. He was their number 4 player. He continued to work on his game and the next year was the teams number 1 player. He missed going to state by one game. This year he was again the teams number 1 player and yesterday he qualified for state. His team also won their district (something that hasn't been done since 1988)
I am so proud of him. We don't expect a lot at the state level because the competition is oh so good but it has been great to see him set goals and obtain them and still be an honor roll student.
(BRAG BRAG BRAG ::) I know...sorry.....sort of ;D )

Here he is (the goofy one in the middle)

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Never be sorry for brags like that! Congrats to you and Justin!

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Brag away!!!!

Congratulations to him!!

My 9yr old dd just started tennis this year. She really is enjoying it. She has this month off, then starts lessons again in June.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
He's not goofy, he's cute! :)

You should both be proud!!! That's an awesome accomplishment!!!

B

·
0 Posts
brag all you want--that is wonderful. congratulations !!!

and good luck at state. let us know how it oges.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Brag all you want! You have every right to be proud! ;D

Congratulations, Justin!

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
AWESOME...... but hey.... that's your son. What else would one expect? :-*

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
That's awesome!! I played tennis through highschool and loved it but wasn't near state level. I took a lot of lessons but it definatley takes some natural talent to become that good. I hope he continues to work at it and improve.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
samson said:
So is this a gene thing Lisa ???

What were you good at ?? ( insert whistling icon and run out of thread very fast )
But of course it's a gene thing ;)
If you hadn't run out of the thread so fast I would have told you what I was good at :p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts